Anonymous
Not applicable

📋 Grieving a Dad on Father’s Day: How To Show Support (6/18/23)

▶‌To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀

***READ comments, ADD comment***

Whether HE was OUR "real" Dad or NOT, anyone who loved us will be MISSED! 😭

👉Link to article👈 

Grief & Loss Team đŸ€—đŸ€Ž

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

📋FROM THE ARTICLE:

Acknowledge the day! 👍

The easiest way to show love and support is to share a simple acknowledgment of the loss, like sending a card or a short text that doesn’t require a response. 

Grief & Loss Team đŸ€ŽđŸ€—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

OUR thoughts are with EVERYONE who has lost their Father! 

Grief & Loss Team đŸ€ŽđŸ€—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would ALSO be an AWESOME time to "adopt" minor kids FOR THE DAY who have NO Father figures in their lives!

You could be a granddad, uncle, friend or total stranger. Take them (and mom, if she exists) out for a FUN outing. 👍

Just a thought guys 😉

Nicole 🙃

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) How are YOU spending this SPECIAL day? đŸ€”

Me, will "try" NOT to "cry" too much while REMEMBERING all the men who were fathers in my 64 (soon to be 65) years.

Nicole đŸ€ŽđŸ€—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing this article. Initially I thought of my own loss of father and stepfather, but then I started thinking about my stepchildren. This is their first year without their Dad and it could be a very difficult day for them. The article prompted me to expand my thoughts and think of them as this day approaches.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , my daughter still has one grandfather, her father's.

She NEVER met mine. He died when I was 12.

Nicole đŸ€—đŸ€Ž

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @Anonymous , Grandparents are true treasures! I credit one set of mine for having an incredible influence in the development of me. Their picture sits on my dresser and I think of them every day. ❀

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) Over the years, I have had MANY Dads. But sadly as I AGE (in my 60's) they are NO longer here. 😭

I stay out of the stores as much as possible when they begin to do THEIR Father's Day set up.

And my daughter's Dad died last year "unexpectedly"......

Nicole đŸ€—đŸ€Ž

Bronze Conversationalist

These holidays can be very stressful, emotional, depressing, etc. for a lot of people. Avoidance is certainly one strategy that can be employed. Make a plan, be strong, and you will get through another challenging event/day.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you stopping by dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!!! â€ŒđŸ’ƒâ€ŒđŸ„ł, My thoughts are with you, Nicole đŸ€ŽđŸ€—

▶@MarcyW882921 wrote:

These holidays can be very stressful, emotional, depressing, etc. for a lot of people. Avoidance is certainly one strategy that can be employed. Make a plan, be strong, and you will get through another challenging event/day.

Marcy◀

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! Achieve a top score in Right Again! Trivia and you could win up to $300 in prizes! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP