Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you, Nicole. Hope you're good.

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I am improving each day, but have not yet reached full recovery. Today I had to reschedule this week's appointments for routine annual testing and hair appointment since I don't want to risk potentially passing this on to anyone else. I do not have patience for illness! 

Marcy

Esteemed Social Butterfly

1 comment (Monday 2/5/24)

Lol Marcy @MarcyW882921 , YOU ARE my daughter's twin!!!!

She NEVER "slows down" and hits the gym.

NOT ME = any excuse I can get to be a "baby" I accept = I complain about my OLD AGE aches and pain and NOT venturing out IF I can help it IF not feeling well  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Okay Ms. Zumba  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[โœ  MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I'm tired and sound like a frog. Still not healthy but I pushed through an online Zumba class this morning. Physical activity (at least for me) is a big part of physical and mental well being.

Marcy  โœ]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

That is truly a compliment!

Marcy

6 comments [Monday 2/5/24] Chat!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

A quiet day for me with calling doctor to set up my NEXT Medicare Visit for July. Also finalize my Walmart Grocery List for TOMORROW.

(1) Marcy @MarcyW882921 how are you feeling?  ๐Ÿค”

(2) Cadee @Cadee2719 you are in my thoughts and prayers as you get NEARER to moving to Idaho.

(c) Sue @SueS788527 , MC @mc6844 and Jonibee @jonibee you are in my thoughts.

EVERYONE FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I'm tired and sound like a frog. Still not healthy but I pushed through an online Zumba class this morning. Physical activity (at least for me) is a big part of physical and mental well being.

Marcy

Conversationalist

You continue to AMAZE me!!  Take care of yourself and get well soon.  โค๏ธ

Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole.  Today my son returns from Idaho and will help me get my house ready to put on the market.  It is raining so hard here and we are having a lot of landslides and flooding.  Hope the hill behind my home holds out!!!!  

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 ,

I was wondering about you this morning as I watched the news RE: the weather in CA. I hope you stay safe, your home remains stable, and your son returns safely! We are concerned about you so keep us posted.

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy.  My son arrived safe.  We are water logged here!  We go from drought to flood in one rain.  The destruction is unbelievable!  Hillsides coming down and knocking down houses and trees.  So far my hillside is stable.  (Thank You God)  That would be all I need; is for the hillside to destroy my house.  That would be the final straw.  So far today, no rain.  Expecting some later along with thunder and lightning (which never happens here).  I will continue prepping the house for the realtor and praying that this rain ends soon.  Thank You for thinking of me.  I hope all is well with you on this journey called L I F E.  โค๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. Quiet day at Walmart is good! We all seem to have a tendency to get overtired and wear ourselves out. Ceaseless activity doesn't make the grief go away. Except it's probably better than no activity. Moderate activity, can we do that? lol  Take care!

1 comment [refugeingrief.com]

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Tend something ***โ—€๏ธ

This is also on my early survival list.

(1) Clean out the garden.

(2) Water the plants.

(3) Brush the animals.

(4) Bake someone a cake.

(5) Send a care package.

Why this soothed me, I donโ€™t know. Iโ€™m sure it has something to do with thinking of others, or giving love, or getting out of myself for awhile. Whatever the reason, tending something seemed to help. It did then, and it still does now.

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole.

1 comment (Thursday 2/1/24)

Oh NO Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I hope you feel better SOON  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[โœMARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Yes my headache finally went away and then it came back when I acquired some kind of other malady. I will be camping out on my couch for awhile until this decides to pass.

Marcy  โœ]

Silver Conversationalist

Probably overtired.

4 comments (Tuesday 1/30/24)

@MarcyW882921  Yes, I wanted to see IF you could find me/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ]

Did your headache go away Marcy ?  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[โœ  MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Another name change? I just can't keep up with you!

I'm glad you got your call to start your week off in the right way.๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy  โœ]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Yes I can find you! ๐Ÿคฃ

Marcy

Conversationalist

We need to start a new game:  FINDING NICOLE!  She keeps us on our toes.  ๐Ÿ˜€

Silver Conversationalist

I love this Cadee @Cadee2719 !๐Ÿคฃ

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Yes my headache finally went away and then it came back when I acquired some kind of other malady. I will be camping out on my couch for awhile until this decides to pass.

Marcy

1 comment (Tuesday 1/30/24) CHAT!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

A stay in day and will probably work on the stuff I don't want to work on  ๐Ÿ™„

My daughter texted me YESTERDAY while I was at Walmart to do Our Weekly Video Call on our cells. Lol, it was like - okay. Now how badly do I want this call = ALL of Walmart LISTENING  ๐Ÿค”

Well I took the call as I know it may NOT happen again for this week  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Find YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Another name change? I just can't keep up with you!

I'm glad you got your call to start your week off in the right way.๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole, I couldn't find the thread where you asked about the ceramic puppy. I had another ceramic of a head and shoulders, religious in nature. I gave it to a young priest who was leaving our parish. A long time ago. I'm glad I gave it to him. We all need encouragement. Especially those in public service jobs. Plus I don't get to church the way I always did. Too hard getting up and down steps, can't kneel etc. It makes me remember we only have certain opportunities in life to give to others. I can't do sewing, crafts etc that I loved when I was younger. But I had many wonderful happy hours and events with others doing all that. January is a long month. I hope everyone on the forum can find time to relax and enjoy some time in the sun. Time passes quickly, even when it doesn't seem so. We all suffer from that same void. It does ease somewhat in time. And other things come along to fill it. Take care.

1 comment (Sunday 1/28/24)

Cadee @Cadee2719 , do you have any AREAS in IDAHO that "interest" you?  ๐Ÿค”

I am STILL looking in Florida while I "cry" about leaving Virginia. For NOW, living in BOTH states has given me some "peace"...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

The challenges with Florida will be their AWFUL healthcare (in my humble opinion) and my daughter being out all the time (work travel). Lol, will be alone like I am in Virginia - but it will be EASIER on her as I AGE to be "nearer" to her.

Had luved St. Cloud where I was living before leaving in 2015. Back then it was NICE. Now full of crime...  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

So my SEARCH continues....  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My son bought a home in Eagle which is a small town.  Funny the town is being taken over by people from California who are sick of the crime and the politics here.  I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania and wish to be in an environment similar to that.  My brother will live about two hours from me so we will get to visit each other.  I am looking forward to being able to leave my house without fear of being attacked or robbed.   Every day someone is shot, robbed or attacked.  Our politicians brag about the low number of murders in the state but each night we hear about killings on the freeways, bodies being found on the streets and in burned cars and houses.   They fail to mention the robberies, the hit and runs (326) last year, the cars that have smashed into houses, apartments, stores and restaurants and the mobs that are driving cars through the front doors of establishments and taking everything they can get their hands on.  I guess those things aren't considered crimes here.   Funny how this is a topic no one wants to discuss or resolve.   People just ignore it or if it doesn't affect them, they remain oblivious  to the reality.  I am looking for a better quality of life and that means I have to relocate to another state.  I am fortunate that I can do this, while others have to remain and suffer the consequences.  Nicole I hope that you settle where you will find peace and contentment and feel safe.โค๏ธ

1 comment (Sunday 1/28/24)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I bet you had an AWESOME WEEKEND with your Musical Family!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

MARCY WROTE: I will be participating in an educational weekend beginning tomorrow. I'm looking forward to learning and spending time with my musical family.๐ŸŽถ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

It was a great weekend of learning, singing, and socializing. I only wish I could have done it all without the headache caused by this weather front. I am home safely and hoping for some relief soon.

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi, Nicole, I read your question about types of volunteering I am doing.  That is a good question because I now realize after 2 years that I have to find the right fit for me.  Since I have been evolving during this time as well some of my initial ventures turned out not to fit.  The people I interact with matter to me.  I do best when I can use my strengths to help others while at the same time working with others who are open to doing their best.  That is not always the case.  In those situations where it didn't work, the other "volunteers" turned out to be very set in their ways and want servants to do what has always been done.  Serving others does not mean being someone else's lackey.  As Fred Sanford said on the TV show, I am too old to do this.  I found working with other kindred spirits who are receptive and easy to get along with makes a difference for me.  Thinking out of the box for doing some things perhaps slightly differently would be good.  However, many of the so-called leaders in these local groups have built a fiefdom.  That doesn't work.  Don't be afraid to gently move away from what is really a potentially toxic situation. I will share more at another time.  Good night and good luck. 

Conversationalist

hI, Nicole, by what I can see from all the responses you are receiving there are many who value the chance to share their experiences.  I have learned that forgiveness is important when we grieve.  I too have had my share of toxic encounters.  If I can, I try to minimize contact.  In other cases, I keep the conversation light.  I used to take their comments to heart, which is bad, since it is already fragile with hurt and pain after my husband's loss.  Take pride in yourself and know you are doing the best you can.  Love yourself, which many of us may not think about doing. This perspective can help with dealing with difficult people.  In time, you may begin to see them as also struggling with loss.  Not everyone is articulate or kind.  This may be their reaction to the pain.  While I am not excusing that behavior, I am beginning to take a more kindhearted approach including feeling sorry for their pain.  Everyone needs time and patience to continue on the grievance journey which unfortunately will continue.  Regaining balance and equilibrium helps, as one widower shared with me.  I thought the word equilibrium brought another element into this picture.  Hang in there and remember the good you are doing by reaching out to others.  Your friend, Sue

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP