Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Yes my headache finally went away and then it came back when I acquired some kind of other malady. I will be camping out on my couch for awhile until this decides to pass.

Marcy

Esteemed Social Butterfly

1 comment (Tuesday 1/30/24) CHAT!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

A stay in day and will probably work on the stuff I don't want to work on  ๐Ÿ™„

My daughter texted me YESTERDAY while I was at Walmart to do Our Weekly Video Call on our cells. Lol, it was like - okay. Now how badly do I want this call = ALL of Walmart LISTENING  ๐Ÿค”

Well I took the call as I know it may NOT happen again for this week  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Find YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

Another name change? I just can't keep up with you!

I'm glad you got your call to start your week off in the right way.๐Ÿ˜Š

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole, I couldn't find the thread where you asked about the ceramic puppy. I had another ceramic of a head and shoulders, religious in nature. I gave it to a young priest who was leaving our parish. A long time ago. I'm glad I gave it to him. We all need encouragement. Especially those in public service jobs. Plus I don't get to church the way I always did. Too hard getting up and down steps, can't kneel etc. It makes me remember we only have certain opportunities in life to give to others. I can't do sewing, crafts etc that I loved when I was younger. But I had many wonderful happy hours and events with others doing all that. January is a long month. I hope everyone on the forum can find time to relax and enjoy some time in the sun. Time passes quickly, even when it doesn't seem so. We all suffer from that same void. It does ease somewhat in time. And other things come along to fill it. Take care.

1 comment (Sunday 1/28/24)

Cadee @Cadee2719 , do you have any AREAS in IDAHO that "interest" you?  ๐Ÿค”

I am STILL looking in Florida while I "cry" about leaving Virginia. For NOW, living in BOTH states has given me some "peace"...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

The challenges with Florida will be their AWFUL healthcare (in my humble opinion) and my daughter being out all the time (work travel). Lol, will be alone like I am in Virginia - but it will be EASIER on her as I AGE to be "nearer" to her.

Had luved St. Cloud where I was living before leaving in 2015. Back then it was NICE. Now full of crime...  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

So my SEARCH continues....  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My son bought a home in Eagle which is a small town.  Funny the town is being taken over by people from California who are sick of the crime and the politics here.  I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania and wish to be in an environment similar to that.  My brother will live about two hours from me so we will get to visit each other.  I am looking forward to being able to leave my house without fear of being attacked or robbed.   Every day someone is shot, robbed or attacked.  Our politicians brag about the low number of murders in the state but each night we hear about killings on the freeways, bodies being found on the streets and in burned cars and houses.   They fail to mention the robberies, the hit and runs (326) last year, the cars that have smashed into houses, apartments, stores and restaurants and the mobs that are driving cars through the front doors of establishments and taking everything they can get their hands on.  I guess those things aren't considered crimes here.   Funny how this is a topic no one wants to discuss or resolve.   People just ignore it or if it doesn't affect them, they remain oblivious  to the reality.  I am looking for a better quality of life and that means I have to relocate to another state.  I am fortunate that I can do this, while others have to remain and suffer the consequences.  Nicole I hope that you settle where you will find peace and contentment and feel safe.โค๏ธ

1 comment (Sunday 1/28/24)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I bet you had an AWESOME WEEKEND with your Musical Family!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

MARCY WROTE: I will be participating in an educational weekend beginning tomorrow. I'm looking forward to learning and spending time with my musical family.๐ŸŽถ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

It was a great weekend of learning, singing, and socializing. I only wish I could have done it all without the headache caused by this weather front. I am home safely and hoping for some relief soon.

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi, Nicole, I read your question about types of volunteering I am doing.  That is a good question because I now realize after 2 years that I have to find the right fit for me.  Since I have been evolving during this time as well some of my initial ventures turned out not to fit.  The people I interact with matter to me.  I do best when I can use my strengths to help others while at the same time working with others who are open to doing their best.  That is not always the case.  In those situations where it didn't work, the other "volunteers" turned out to be very set in their ways and want servants to do what has always been done.  Serving others does not mean being someone else's lackey.  As Fred Sanford said on the TV show, I am too old to do this.  I found working with other kindred spirits who are receptive and easy to get along with makes a difference for me.  Thinking out of the box for doing some things perhaps slightly differently would be good.  However, many of the so-called leaders in these local groups have built a fiefdom.  That doesn't work.  Don't be afraid to gently move away from what is really a potentially toxic situation. I will share more at another time.  Good night and good luck. 

Conversationalist

hI, Nicole, by what I can see from all the responses you are receiving there are many who value the chance to share their experiences.  I have learned that forgiveness is important when we grieve.  I too have had my share of toxic encounters.  If I can, I try to minimize contact.  In other cases, I keep the conversation light.  I used to take their comments to heart, which is bad, since it is already fragile with hurt and pain after my husband's loss.  Take pride in yourself and know you are doing the best you can.  Love yourself, which many of us may not think about doing. This perspective can help with dealing with difficult people.  In time, you may begin to see them as also struggling with loss.  Not everyone is articulate or kind.  This may be their reaction to the pain.  While I am not excusing that behavior, I am beginning to take a more kindhearted approach including feeling sorry for their pain.  Everyone needs time and patience to continue on the grievance journey which unfortunately will continue.  Regaining balance and equilibrium helps, as one widower shared with me.  I thought the word equilibrium brought another element into this picture.  Hang in there and remember the good you are doing by reaching out to others.  Your friend, Sue

[response] Sue @SueS788527 , your TOPICS are a BLESSING to us. I hope you will continue to "bless" us with your POSTS  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you, Nicole, for the kind words.  They mean a lot to me and I am glad that others who are joining in on this important blog can also share their experiences, views and advice.  There are no judges or critics here and that makes all the difference.  I have been thinking about you all and hope that January is providing a new perspective and possibly opening up new opportunities to cope with our losses.  I have to say that I have been depressed and feeling very alone again.  I am still looking for meaningful ways to fill the void left by my husband's death.  Intuitively, I know Love is the answer, but what does that entail?  On a positive note, I have built a strong support group from my Partner in Loss widows and widowers.  That means a lot.  I am also doing more volunteer work as well. I have to remember to take it slow (step by step ๐Ÿ™‚).  There are no quick solutions.  I hope we can all find our peace during these long winter months.  Keep up your spirits and know that we are not alone.  Your friend, Sue

Silver Conversationalist

Hope you're feeling better soon. Good spring weather should be on the way. That sure helps! Take care, Sue.

2 comments (Thursday 1/25/24) CHAT!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Not much going on today, just hoping my daughter gets a chance to do Our Weekly Video Call today. We do it each week - weekdays, before 3pm ET if she is NOT traveling, buried at work or not feeling well. Well LAST week had ALL three. Lol, this week - just BURIED at work.

Her birthday is TOMORROW  ๐ŸŽ‚

Find YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Silver Conversationalist

Hope your daughter had a good birthday and you got your video chat time! Take care, Nicole.

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I hope you got your video call in today with your daughter. I know it is an important part of your week. 

I will be participating in an educational weekend beginning tomorrow. I'm looking forward to learning and spending time with my musical family.๐ŸŽถ

Have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Just chjecking in to let you  know that I am doing okay..I've been dealing with home problems and illness not serious but just enough to make you feel blah...I read an interesting piece about diabetes and depression and stress and life changes  which can make the onset of this quite suddenly as it affects ones blood sugar levels..A great book on reversing diabetes by Readers Digest that I acquired from the Salvation Army thrift store for under $3.00 ..I have been battling my blood sugar levels and It's understandable when one has lost a loved one and all Hell breaks loose..I have my set back days off and on but look to keeping myself occupied and busy starting a new hobby that I shelved in the past painlting of drawing ..Plus I bought an Irish whistle and want to learn how to play that or even a harmonica ...I am an avid reader also of all types of books..So you see I do keep myself occupied not only on this site but on other levels..Thinking of all with good thoughts and wishes for peace and happiness and good health...

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Joni. Hope you're feeling better and your interests give you relief from other things like household doings etc. Take care!

[response] Cadee  , I hope you got your car back "in time" for your doctor's appointment today. SO GLAD it is fixed "finally"  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Did you make it to your 1/24/24 Doctor's Appointment?  ๐Ÿค”

So GLAD you stopped by Cadee ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

@Cadee2719 

Conversationalist

Hi  Nicole.  I think they were just taking advantage of me.  Yes, they were VERY busy but I MADE an appointment for my car.  The service person kept saying it was the gas TANK and they had to put smoke in it to detect the leak $402 (but didn't do it), then the part was backordered, then they broke the clip on the tank and had to order it from Chicago $452.  So on the morning of my doctor's appointment they call me at 7:30 and say the car will be ready at 9.  My doctor's appointment is at 10!!  When I picked up the car and saw the paperwork IT WAS NOT THE GAS TANK, it was the Fuel pump which they replaced????  Cost a fortune, $1,576.96.  I am so glad that I will NEVER have to return to this dealer ever again.  They kept my car a week to repair a fuel pump???? Made it to my appointment and the doctor said he would electronically send my records to the new doctor I find in Idaho.  Today is the eye doctor and believe it or not the Rheumatologist ordered MORE blood to be drawn before my next appointment.   I am taking the new medication, no changes yet.   February 1stI go to my diabetic doctor and I AM DONE WITH ALL THE DOCTORS.  Doing minor repairs on the house and calling the listing agent.  My son flew to Idaho this morning.  The moving truck is arriving today with his furniture.  SOON I hope to be out of here.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY  to your precious daughter.  โ™ฅ๏ธ  Thank You for caring.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Cadee, that is a lot to go through. I know its not easy, especially with the car. Take care.

Conversationalist

It seems that since the deaths of my husband, son and brother last year it has been one thing after another.  It never stops.  I am hoping that once I move I can settle down and not have so many issues to deal with.  I am exhausted and want nothing but a simple, calm life.  I pray for this each night.    How are you doing?  โ™ฅ๏ธ

1 comment (Friday 1/26/24)

Cadee @Cadee2719 , thank you - lol, she will be "hanging out" with her friends and keeping the "details" to herself. Hmmm, probably going to a club and KNOW I hate when she does - way too much "shooting" in them!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

NOT TOO MUCH LONGER for Idaho  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Conversationalist

My son is currently in Idaho with the moving company.  I decided to paint my bathroom!!  He will kill me if he knew.  ๐Ÿ˜  It is a small bathroom and I decided not to remodel it so I will simply paint it while my son is gone.    I am soooo sick of all the doctor visits, etc.  I am waiting on some pool repairs and then I am calling the realtor.  

[response] MC , how are you doing? ๐Ÿค”

@mc6844

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for asking Nicole. Tired here. How are you?

Have a PEACEFUL day!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole.  I am "trying" to stay positive and be patient.  There is very little I can do about it.  Each time they call me, the PRICE GOES UP!  

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP