Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Technical website issue: How can I remove red AARP horizontal bar on website?

Contributor

Technical website issue: How can I remove red AARP horizontal bar on website?

Since today, the red AARP horizontal bar on every page no longer stays at the top of the page but moves when I scroll down through the page. It is blocking portions of each page. Is there a way to make the red bar stationary at the top of the page? It's annoying. I think Chrome just updated today so it probably has to do with that browser. Thank you.

I have been having this same problem and it is very frustrating.  It is now March and still hasn't been fixed.

Community Concierge

Hi Brewster126! This issue has been resolved. If you are having an issue with a red banner, please send us a private message so we can assist. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jeanbean50 @chappy208 @davidscott1 @cynthiam722433 @cw34293 @fashiondol @MaryK60871 @mspitz09 @reneem335680 @bigdog9 @Skipperl @mrdrod87 @lisaann22 @nctarheel  Hey everyone- thank you for reporting this issue. Our team is aware and working to get it resolved as soon as possible. You can try turning off ad blocking software as this has helped some users. Please check out this thread for more info: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Games-Talk/AARP-Games-Red-Bar-Website-Header/m-p/2538107#M4448 

Periodic Contributor

And still no activity on what appears as a simple correction. AARP is not even trying to collect ad revenue and just pushing their own desire to get more subscribers to shift to automatic renewal. Every time I now play Daily Crossword, the only game I can play, I kick myself for doing a 5 year renewal 2 years ago being loyal to AARP. Bet I do not do that again, if I renew at all. 

Contributor

I feel the same way, have been a member for 25 years and having the games blocked

by" sign up and renew" does not sit well, especially with members only games. It is too aggravating to play anymore and I am appalled by this stupidity on their part.  I also had about 50 renewal notices in the mail.  What a waste of resources, they started  way before the renewal date and went on way after I had paid already.

Periodic Contributor

I am having the same issue -hopefully someone is monitoring these community chats and will get it straightened out!!

Periodic Contributor

I am having the same problem and tried to get help with AARP chat. They offered to share my screen with them that I refused outright. Total waste of time. This is the second time of asking for help with games, the other was the nag screen on marjon(?) and the same lack of understanding.

Periodic Contributor

Same here.  It covers part of the Word Wipe game when I try to play it.  Very frustrating!

Contributor

1. I used Microsoft Edge and opened Word Wipe. It opened as a small screen and I could see the whole game. If I click on the square to expand the screen, it does not all fit anymore, because it gets too large. So, keep it small and it fits.
Contributor

Yes, me too! It makes playing Word Wipe even harder!

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem and I'm using the Firefox browser.

Contributor

A. Try using Microsoft Edge. It opens as a small size that fits for my screen. Just don't

expand the size or it does not fit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Having the same problem.  Not just one task bar, now two task bars.  Searching for a different game that is free.  What a bummer.

Contributor

Try using Microsoft Edge. It opens as a small size that fits for my screen. Just don't

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yeah, I have been having the same issue and it's annoying. I even tried disabling my adblockers to see if it would stop and it didn't. I hope they fix this soon, because like others said, playing the games right now is just impossible. 

Contributor

Try using Microsoft Edge. It opens as a small size that fits for my screen. Just don't

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@iam222w622, thanks for the tips! - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Mary. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Our Internet Team is aware of the issue and is working to get it resolved as soon as possible. If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

i use a website that blocks ads and it doesn' help with this problem.  Seemed to be fixed a few months ago and now it's back.  Love to play games but this is so annoying and the website keeps changing from games to benefits and it's all over the place.

Ditto!  I'm ready to give up on aarp games.  I can't see the whole game.  Not fun anymore.

Periodic Contributor

I'm with you.  This is so frustrating.  Is anyone at AARP website listening to us???

Contributor

NOONE MONITURES THE SITE ,ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ,ADS POPUP EVERYWHERE,BOARDERS BLOCK THE GAME SITES...IM STOPPIN MY MEMBERSHIP TOTALLY.

Contributor

Same here, cleared cache and whatnot, no change, happening on two different computers.  Rebooted, re-logged in, no help

Community Concierge

Hi Skipper! We are aware of the issues and are working to correct it. Turning off the ad blocker resolves the issue, and turning it back on resurfaces it. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same problem here, also using Chrome.  I think it's poor web design.  Hopefully they fix it soon, since the games are almost unplayable as it is.

Honored Social Butterfly

It is sort of doing the same thing with Firefox, a browser which I NEVER BUT NEVER have issues with AARP'S web site. I believe it is NOT the browser but something fouled up at this web site.

I found that if you move the screen and wait a couple of seconds, the red line re-positions itself in the correct place.

Periodic Contributor

I tried that and it seemed to work, but then when I move the page just a little to see all the game, the red bar is back. 

Contributor

tried this several times and this did not work for me

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP