Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Content Deactivated - Why?

Does anyone else get this message when you try to comment on a story from The Daily newsletter?  I have no idea why this is happening.  It started about 3 weeks ago.  Now I cannot leave any comments at all.

I just posted my first ever comment and it was deactivated! WTH!! Why bother to interact if it's not going to actually be seen! Grrr. 

Community Concierge

@dguruge  

I apologize for the confusion. That feature has been disabled for some articles/publications, thus giving the Content Deactivated message, not your comment. If I can answer anything about membership or benefits, please let me know!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I get this all the time. For example, in the "Daily Multivitamins May Help Aging Brains" story, I just commented: "They're called supplements, and that's the reason why I take them: to supplement the vitamins and minerals I get from meals. You can get a year's supply of a brand-name multivitamin for under $20. Like golf, you can always spend a lot more if you want." And it was flagged with "Content Deactivated - Why?"

Worse, clicking on "Content Deactivated - Why?" doesn't do anything. It doesn't tell me why.

Lots of other members have complained about their comments being flagged with "Content Deactivated - Why?" or "Awaiting Review" and then sitting in that limbo for weeks or months.

Super Contributor

I emailed AARP tech customer service and am awaiting a reply.  I'm pretty sure it's AI gone haywire, simply scanning our comments and making plenty of errors.  I also play some online games and they are rife with artifically high scores that would be impossible for us mere mortals to achieve!  Frustrating beyond belief.

Periodic Contributor

I can’t even get on the website for the last couple days. I get an error message. ???

Super Contributor

There are so many frustrations with this website, I don't even know where to begin!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP