Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

AARP Points

Although I keep accumulating AARP points, there's nothing that I want to exchange them for. Anything that I might pconsider costs far more than the number of points that I'm likely to accumulate in my lifetime. What is the benefit of this program?  Does anyone see any value in it? Most of what I can purchase with my existing points is merely a teaser to get me to buy more expensive products from the seller.  If you want to continue this program, at least offer something worthwhile, or even better, give me a discount on AARP's programs that I use.

Periodic Contributor

I 100% agree that they need better points-only rewards.  I'm unable to enter the $2K sweepstakes & the only non-sold-out awards are for hideous, overpriced jewelry, digital cards offered for free from many sources, coloring pages (?) and a mail order company which has ridiculous shipping charges.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I agree with you.  Unless you enjoy watching the videos, doing the quizzes and playing the games for reward points, it's a big waste of time. It's human nature to want to 'win' and the reward points make you feel rich when you accumulate them, but if you don't find anything worthwhile to trade for them they are worthless !  From AARP's perspective, they are a marketing ploy to drive you to their web site and show you more ads.  Like many other internet sites that provide a service in exchange for showing you ads and collecting your data, it's all about capturing your attention for AARP sponsors.  AARP's website is just a giant ad delivery system and Reward Points are just another way they keep folks addicted to going back.  There is very little real value there.  I've played the game for 8 months now and I'm done !

Contributor

YUP! For the newer AARP members and those who are more tech-savvy, it takes VERY little time to see through what this game is all about. I had no use for the points, so I've been trying the "Instant Lose" games before they "expire"..."SORRY YOU DIDN’T WIN," "SORRY YOU DIDN’T WIN," "SORRY YOU DIDN’T WIN" over and over and over...for several days now. 

On top of that, the gift card discounts are almost never competitive (or even worth trouble of getting).

I'm not sure the emails and expiring points are worth the membership fee. I surely didn't need the trunk container thing that feels like something my grandparents would have gotten for opening a bank account back in the late 70's! How about a mirror and collapsable plastic cup too? 😂 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP