Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Word Hunt FAQs

What is the goal of Word Hunt, and how do I play?

In Word Hunt, your goal is to find words that complete a crossword puzzle! After you click play, you’ll see a circle of letters on the right side of the screen and a crossword on the left. Click and drag within the circle of letters to create an English word. If your guess is a real word, it may appear on the crossword! From there, you can use the crossword to determine more words you can build. Once the crossword is fully complete, it’s on to the next level!

Can I use any of the letters twice in one word?

No – once per word!

What happens when I see an extra word to fill in with game money icons?

Every few levels, you will have an opportunity to guess an extra word that appears next to the crossword. It can be any number of letters – but each time, the word will have game money icons inside. You need to figure out this word to complete the level; but when you do, you get an extra game money reward!

What if I have trouble finding any more words?

Once you beat level five, you’ll get your first boost on the bottom of the screen. This magnifying glass, when clicked, will fill in a random letter on the crossword that you can use as a hint. Once you beat level five, you’ll get access to your second boost: a light bulb! When you click this bulb, one entire word will fill in on the crossword.

I’ve used my boosts and don’t have any more. What do I do?

You may notice a red number beneath each boost. These numbers tell you how many more uses of each Boost you have. If you run out, you lose access to that boost. However, there are opportunities to get more! It all comes down to your game money and treasure chests.

What is game money and treasure chests, and how do I get them?

Every 10 levels you beat, you get a treasure chest, which contains more boost uses and some game money. Additionally, if you guess 20 words that aren’t in the crossword, you get a treasure chest. (These 20 words are counted over time; you don’t need to come up with 20 in one level!) When you don’t have a boost, you can use your game money to buy another. The price will be revealed below the boost itself.

How do I check how many extra words I’ve guessed, to see if I’m about to unlock a treasure chest?

Click the star on the bottom of the screen to look.

Can I change the order of letters for a fresh look?

Yes. Click the blue shuffle button at the bottom of the screen to switch the order of letters. You can do this unlimited times.

Can I turn off the game sounds and music?

Yes. Click the settings gear in the top left of the screen. There, you can toggle the music and sounds. You can also go to the game’s Home screen. Once you’re done, click the settings gear again to continue playing the game.

Play Word Hunt now!

Contributor

What do I do when I can not answer any of the words left?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KellytheBelly, when users log out, their progress is lost. I'm sorry you had to start over!  

Social Butterfly

Apparently it doesn't work for all. I have played several times ending at varying levels when I need to stop playing. Clicked the Gear and Home Icon. Not logged out. When coming back to game, it starts at level 1 all over again. Even if I just reload the page, there it is at level 1 again.

I am glad for those that can continue at the last level played. I am, however, tired of playing the same levels from the start each time. 

Contributor

How many levels are in the Hunt Game?  I am at level 322.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPHannah   I never logged out.   Someone adjusted something one day and I got all 200+ games I'd played erased.    Browser had closed several times previously, but when I came back my 200 was still there.   No more.    

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPHannah  What in the heck! My game has now 'reset,' showing zero progress, plus, there are numbers on the board! This is ridiculous! None of what AARP spouts is true? I would love to think otherwise. I have spent so much time on this game. I cannot believe AARP keeps stating that there are no scores, but there are scores! And! My game reset back to level 1. So frustrating! [see image below]

@AARPHannah wrote ‎02-29-2024 12:25 PM:

@MaryAnn880408@sl29336291@Petsounds@KellytheBelly@cpdott42@DeniseH790857@PeggyH641974@HokiePoq@LindaWJoy -

Thank you for your interest in our new game Word Hunt! Selecting the Gear Icon > Home Icon will take you to the home screen with your level saved. When you resume the game, it will start where you left off. 

The scoreboard was shown by mistake, and is no longer visible. 

Thanks!

03022024 Word Hunt Has Reset My Stats This Game is So Messed Up.png

Contributor

I think this game was released before being thoroughly tested. It's fully of bugs!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@MaryAnn880408@sl29336291@Petsounds@KellytheBelly@cpdott42@DeniseH790857@PeggyH641974@HokiePoq@LindaWJoy -

Thank you for your interest in our new game Word Hunt! Selecting the Gear Icon > Home Icon will take you to the home screen with your level saved. When you resume the game, it will start where you left off. 

The scoreboard was shown by mistake, and is no longer visible. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Finally found how to close the game.  Go to setting in top left hand corner of game.  Click on the symbol that looks like a house and that takes you out of the game. It shows what level I'm on and how many points (It didn't post points for the day) but I am finally out.  Needs a ton of fixes before I play again.

Periodic Contributor

Still doesn't work for me.  Tried it before--didn't work.  Tried it just now--still didn't work.  When I click on the house, nothing happens.

Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPHannah I've played this game for a few days now and I have no score. I see other scores on the board, but I have no score at all. What a bummer to get this far in leveling, with nothing to show for it. Please help?! [see below]

I also want to input, I think there should be a daily allowance for playing. This game is so based on how many coins you have or don't have, you end up at a stand-still, unable to move forward if you are unable to solve the game and earn coins. I've never seen a game at a dead-end in its infancy such as this one, with no goal of playability. Makes no sense to me. 

Thank you, (@AARPHannah), for your attention to this matter! 🙂 

- Kelly

Word Hunt - No SCORES.png

Contributor

It is very frustrating to play for hours at a time with Word Hunt and realize that there is no way to save your score.  I don't understand how there are scores listed for this game.  How do I save my score?

Contributor

How do you get new words?  Every time I start the game it’s the same words.  It’s no use playing this game when you already know the answer/ words?  Why can’t you start at any Level?

Contributor

Help! I've fallen down the Word Hunt rabbit hole and I can't get out! 

Periodic Contributor

How do you end a game?  I'm out of boosts and can't find any new words, but I can't leave the game, and I don't know my total score.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Petsounds@LindaWJoy, and @HokiePoq, to end the game, you must click the gear in the top left and then the house icon to end (see photo below). There is no score; instead you earn game "money"

gear icon.png

0 Kudos
Contributor

Obviously AARP is totally ignoring the fact that so many of us are reporting that there is no way to end this game. The house icon does nothing, no way to get out of this game and AARP couldn't care less. The fact that they pretend to care about what anyone says or our opinions is laughable. If they are paying someone to do tech support on these games they are wasting money. If they can't fix it, get rid of it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPHannah  But, there is scoring! [see below] Obviously, people are scoring with this new game. Yet, I am not scoring at all! I have leveled and nothing to show for it! Lame-o!

looks like there's scoring.png

Contributor

Ther house icon does NOT end the game. It never tells you how much money you have and it never ends. I have clicked on that icon at least 50 times and it still brings me back to level 138 where I am stalled. The game would be interesting but not being able to get out of it isn't. Please get this fixed!

Contributor

That doesn't end my game. It just takes me to a home screen where the only option is to pick up again at the level I left off.

Gold Conversationalist

That's right.  I think the game developers have laid a big goose egg on this one.  Very frustrating,  Should have been tested before putting on the website.

Periodic Contributor

If there's no score, why is one player's "high score" showing?....  I think there are some issues with this game.

Contributor

I've clicked the "home" button but it just leaves me at Level 175.  When I go back in it just takes me to where I left off and am stuck.

Contributor

My question exactly.  I've played for hours and am on Level 175.  Can't figure out the last word.  How do I quit?

Gold Conversationalist

Nowhere in the FAQs does it tell us!   I'm at 200 now and have plenty of boosts, money, etc. but no score.  A perpetual game?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP