Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Upgrade to Games Homepage and Category Pages

Community Manager
Community Manager

Upgrade to Games Homepage and Category Pages

Thank you for visiting AARP Games. As of today, April 15, you'll notice a different look and feel to our Homepage and Category pages. We're using the AARP Games Center pages to provide consistent navigation with the rest of AARP.org, speed up site performance, and provide you with more gaming and other opportunities from AARP. If you've bookmarked any pages, you'll be seamlessly redirected to the right place without disruption. If you encounter any problems, please let us know by posting below.

Take a sneak peek now if you haven't already > AARP Games Center 

Learn More:

>> Accessing Games On Desktop 
>> Accessing Games on Mobile
>> Accessing Games in the AARP Now App

Contributor

Well, I'm finally able to find the game I want, I discover that most of the games I enjoyed are unavailable. It's just a white screen with the word  "loading" fading in and out. This goes on for 20 minutes and still no game. We were given to understand that this upgrade would make things faster and that couldn't be farther from the truth. And the really upsetting thing is that no one has addressed the member concerns I'm reading about. There have been no explanation of these problems or pledges to fix them. When a corporation gets too big, it no longer concerns itself with client complaints.  Has that finally happened at AARP?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Who changed the set up for games? You made it harder to find certain games. The old set up was much more user friendly. What in the world possessed you people to do this? Was this a case of IT folks trying to justify their salaries? This was a terrible idea

Contributor

Hopefully you will shrink the top banner as it impairs the top of any games you play and if you scroll down then you dont have the full view of the games

Contributor

Pages freeze. Games freeze. Everything is covered with ads - no continuity when choosing a game from a category.  Game pages had been much easier to use when compared to the aarp site - now it's all hard to use.

Contributor

The games will not load, it stays in the refresh circle and will not load.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SusanLahmeyer, please provide more info on the game you're playing, the device and browser you're using - thanks! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I use Chrome on my desktop and I was trying to play Crystal Collapse.  I can play other games just not Crystal Collapse.  I am an AARP memeber and this problem started earlier this month.  I have tried cleaning all the cookies and this does not help.

Periodic Contributor

Susan,  I had the same problem.  After I cleaned out the cookies and trackers from my web browser, the problem went away.  I used my antivirus software (Mcafee) to clean out the junk.  There are other ways to do it, but it depends on the software you have installed. 

It doesn't help that AARP has installed many more graphic ads which use your computer's resources.  Anything to make money.

Good Luck

Good luck!

Dogs&Flowers
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @njheaston, when you have trouble loading games, is that from desktop, tablet, or mobile? Please include your browser and OS as well if you can. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hello Hannah, I use a laptop running Windows 11 with Microsoft Edge (browser)... but I've had the same problem with Google Chrome.  This "busy" problem came back even after I cleaned out the cookies, cache, etc.  I really think the problem is on AARP's end.  I can visit Arkadium's site and play the same games there with no problems.

Dogs&Flowers
0 Kudos

Recently played should be the first items to be seen when you login to this page

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback!  We do list both All Games and Recently Played Games as part of the Games drop down menu (when you click Games in the menu on any pages this page included!) you will see this option.  Here are directly links to those pages:  http://www.aarp.org/games/category/all-games/  https://games.aarp.org/category/recently-played  We will be sharing your feedback with our team.

AARPTeri
Contributor

Finding the games is not the issue. Your site is not usable as is. The games don't load, the ads get "stuck" loading, the format stinks. Find someone that is able to develop a decent interface.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our site. Have you visited our help center https://help.aarp.org/s/article/why-aren-t-my-games-working-or-loading?  Still have issues?  Please tell us more so we can help you solve this issue!  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos

The site is almost unusable.  We will not be renewing our membership!

Contributor

Your site is terrible. Games don't load, even the ads don't load. Server is overloaded or just plain poor programing. When I rejoined AARP - it was for the games that had few ads. A month later they are unusable. Your header is too big, and overlaps the game area. No way to move it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@equarton, thank you for your feedback.  I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the relevant team.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

AARPHannah,

You are a day late and a dollar short on making these tips available. Would it not have been better if you had offered a preview and description of what was to happen instead of just throwing it against the wall and hope everything goes well. I do not know who you have hired to make these "improvements" but you need to remind these "experts" that AARP is designed for and should be dedicated for people that are not so accepting to sudden changes. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @davidscott1, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We have tested the Games Center for 4 months, supporting over 100,000 visitors, and have made updates based on user input and testing. I understand that change can be disorienting, particularly when it's perceived as not having changed for the better. I will absolutely share your feedback with the relevant team. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Tried a new game, Outspell. The hame cheated! It disallowed a word I played but a few turns later allowed it for the opponent. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

What the heck did you DO?!!  Can't find the games I want to play.  Can't even find the search box to put in the game name and find it that way.  I have to click on a game, any game, to get the search box.  WHY does this make sense to anyone?  The icon rows are all zig zag they don't line up, no order to what is listed, what a mess.  PLEASE put it back the way it was. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Freedom2b2, thank you for sharing your feedback. I will pass your feedback along to the relevant team. In the meantime, please see the posts linked below:
>> Accessing Games On Desktop 
>> Accessing Games on Mobile
>> Accessing Games in the AARP Now App

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hate the new set up.  Why would you change a simple to navigate in alphabetical order menu?  Does NOT make things "easier".  Yet another case of "improvements" actually making things more difficult.

Agree 100%. I do NOT like this new page. 

Info Seeker ++

AMEN!! I totally agree!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @p833975d@DianaP833975, and  @rm51439082, thanks for sharing your feedback here, I will pass it along.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

As just about everyone else has indicated, this is just another case of taking something comfortable and seeing how badly it can be made worse. I have no idea why all of these changes are being made or who is approving these changes. Most intelligent developers have beta tests and also will invite public comments and suggestions. Neither has been done here. As I have stated on a previous post, I feel that the worst mistake I made was to do a 5 year renewal. Had I only known.

Please go back to the original, this is so difficult to navigate now!  I just want to relax with familiar navigation!

Agree 100%! I do NOT like this new page.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP