Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Spider game only partially loads

All the other games load just fine on my iPad. But Spider has always been a problem. It starts to load & then stops. I have deleted my. Cache, but that didn’t help. It used to sometimes completely load, but as of yesterday, it only partially loads. What is the issue?!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LindaC244883 I am so sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! Could you please let me know what browser & OS you're on? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Contributor

It’s an Apple iPad, version OS 17..4.1 with Safari as my browser.

I’ve had problems for quite awhile with other loads of the software & my previous iPad. Before yesterday, sometimes it would totally load & sometimes partially. Now it only partially loads. It does load on my phone. 

No problems with the other games. 

Would appreciate your help fixing this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same problem here, happens in both Safari and Chrome on iMac running Ventura OS 13.6.6.  For a while the problem was sporadic but past couple days neither my wife nor I can get spider solitaire to load.  We watch the commercial to the end, then get "LOADING" and that's it.  If we select another game and watch a new commercial that game loads fine.  

No OS updates since the game was last working.  Cleared cache and cookies, no luck.  Problem happens even after a reboot.  Suspect issue may be on the server side.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just rebooted again, and spider solitaire launched okay!  Unsure if the reboot did the trick or if something was done on the server.  Will post an update if the problem returns.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Left spider tab open and computer unattended for 90 minutes.  When I returned and clicked "new game" I watched the ad and then the game would not load.  Closed that tab, opened a new one, same result.   All using Safari.

Went to Chrome, same experience.. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

And now, 3 hours later... spider seems to load just fine in Safari and Chrome.  Guessing something was adjusted on the server such as a daemon restart or purge of timed out zombie processes.   

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

And now the problem is back, 4 hrs after previous post.  Tried launching a new Safari window, same experience.  Also replicated the issue with a new private Safari instance after logging into aarp.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Update: past few days the problem seems much better.  I can only recall one time spider solitaire refused to load.   I am speculating some form of corrective action was taken on the aarp server.   

0 Kudos
Contributor

Still only partially loading on my iPad. I give up!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I just tried it again & it’s working! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I spoke too soon. The webpage crashed & it’s not loading again. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spider solitaire has been loading fine for me the past few days, hope it's a sign whatever issue it had has been resolved.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP