Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Purposeful Living

Purposeful Living: What drives you each day? Share your purpose in life and inspire others to find their own sense of meaning and direction. Whether it's making a difference in your community, pursuing your passions, or spreading kindness, we want to hear what gives your life purpose!

Have you entered our AARP Games Blue Zones Longevity Sweepstakes, enter here!

AARPTeri
Contributor

I am  a retired teacher and widow. After caring for my husband with cancer, I needed to work my way out of a rut and find a purpose for living!!I  Voluntering in my church, I give communion to older shut ins, their stories are so interesting. Yoga has been a stable in my life (registered yoga teacher). Starting to teach again, classes in my small home studio gave me the energy to be social again and a way to move.. I started a book club and travel with a 70 year old group of women.Being in touch with different age people gives me purpose and an active life for a 70 year old great grand mother.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My purpose in life was, from a very young age, to "make the world a better place." I founded a non-profit and later worked for another educational non-profit--as well as being a caregiver for several family members along the way. Perhaps I helped a fe persons along the way to be the "best they could be." 

0 Kudos

My goals for retirement were scrapped when I broke my back and had to be in the nursing home ALONE during Covid.  I am semi-back to normal after 3.5 years.  During lockdown and in abject misery I had to learn to live with myself without outside distractions.  That was a difficult thing to do.  After I recovered enough to come home, I was still not very mobile, but I had to achieve something so I started baking bread.  It was something I could do a few minutes and rest in between.  I now bake about 4 loaves of bread a day and share at church and at the Salvation Army.  The one thing I learned through this is that working on YOURSELF is job one.  

Periodic Contributor

Now that I am retired, I have more time to focus on helping others through my volunteer work. I am also looking forward to harvesting some vegetables from the Community Garden and sharing with others in need. 

I started acrylic painting, learning online. Two of my friends join me weekly to learn  new painting techniques.  Never knew I had any artistic talent. Love it!

After retiring I started leading a women’s Bible Study at my church. Wonderful group of ladies that has had such a positive influence in our lives!

Contributor

My purpose is "Enhancing Lives and Inspiring Successful Outcomes" through leadership and life coaching to support the needs of high-performing professionals experiencing career and life transition challenges.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My purposes: 1) First, sharing a remarkable view of the afterlife with anyone interested … according to the perspective offered by Swedenborg. 2) Second:Sewing cloth reusable supplies for menstruating girls around the world through Days for Girls. 3) Crocheting and sewing small colorful blankets for hospitalized kids, through Project Linus. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP