Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Daily Crossword acting weird for 3 days now

I can start the Daily Crossword each day and get half to 3/4 of the way done, then the clue disappears along with various letter blocks. Letters don't show up when I type them, then black blocks start appearing randomly, even in words I've already filled in. As a result, it won't let me finish the puzzle and I'm not getting the 300 points each day. What is going on?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello to all,

We hope you're doing well. We are aware of an issue affecting some users playing the Daily Crossword game on Android devices, and we are actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

The challenge stems from when frequent operating system updates occur, making it difficult to find a comprehensive and permanent solution that caters to all users. We understand the inconvenience this may be causing and sincerely appreciate your patience as we work diligently to remedy the issue.

As of now, we anticipate the fix to be implemented within a week. Rest assured, the AARP team is committed to resolving this matter to ensure a seamless gaming experience for everyone.

We will keep you posted on the progress, and as soon as the fix is live, weโ€™ll post an update in this thread.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Contributor

I have a newer I phone and I havenโ€™t been able to play the Dily Crossword either - tried again today and itโ€™s worse than ever

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have this same problem on a Macbook Pro. It has forced me to stop doing Stan Newman puzzles, the Thursday Throwback and the Daily Puzzle. Please find a fix.

Contributor

Just came across this communication string. I too have the identical issue as described after h a Ving just switched from an apple to an android phone. What used to be therapeutic puzzle solving is very frustrating. Hope the issue is resolved soon.!! 

Contributor

This issue has gone on for months.  Based on all the notifications to AARP about this same problem, I think they either don't care or are imcompetent.   Take your pick.

Contributor

Cancel your membership.  They don't care.

Trusted Contributor

This problem, to me, seems like it is caused by Google Ads that pop up and throw the page layout out of whack.  I don't know if it is Chrome's fault or AARP's that these ads pop up and mess up things.  Perhaps the program testers should test on a live system.

Contributor

This is ridiculous.   Can't believe the incompetence and lack of response.  I won't renew my membership.

I am still having this problem using Android Chrome. It has been going on for weeks.

Retired Community Manager

Thank you, @LauraOzz55, @cmulinix, @wh4851, @PamD928644 and @GeraldL190798 for sharing your device type. I've learned from the Customer Support team that there is an issue with Daily Crossword and Android.This is a high priority issue and the team is working quickly to resolve the reported bug. The team is actively working to address this issue and we expect a resolution in the very near future. Thank you.

Periodic Contributor

It's Nov. 26 and it's still happening. When are you going to get this fixed?

Contributor

I have the same problems - as of today, Nov. 2nd.  I use Google Chrome on a PC (I tried Microsoft Edge in the past but it won't even load).  I have the latest version of both browsers.  It happens not only on the larger (e.g. Stan Newman's Sunday) puzzles but has started to occur on the smaller ones (e.g. Codeword).  This is extremely frustrating!  I look forward to doing these puzzles daily, and have been for years.  Please, please fix!  Thank you.

Contributor

Well?  It's November 1st.   No change!!!

Periodic Contributor

Apparently it's all of the large grid crossword puzzles. I tried the Members Only Easy Crossword today and encountered the same problem. The "fix" seems to be slow in coming. 

Screenshot_20230929_125415_Chrome.jpg

Contributor

Has this issue been resolved? I'm still having problems.  Will it just fix itself 

Periodic Contributor

It also happened with the Throwback Thursday crossword yesterday for the first time. 

Good morning, @LauraOzz55, thanks for the additional info. @SueM192926, we're still working to resolve the bug. Are you also using an Android?

It's now October 13, 2023 and Throwback Thursday is still unplayable on my Samsung s22 Ultra using Chrome.

Contributor

Same here with Daily Crossword - fourth day in a row. Very frustrating.

Chrome on Android v.13 Samsung phone

Hi @LauraOzz55, sorry you're having that experience. To help with troubleshooting, would you kindly share your browser and operating system. Thank you!

It isn't just Android. I am having the same issue on Windows 11 Pro (22H2) with both Edge and Chrome Version 117.0.5938.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Periodic Contributor

Screenshot_20230921_030552_Chrome.jpg

Periodic Contributor

Screenshot_20230922_005052_Chrome.jpg

Periodic Contributor

Screenshot_20230920_230646_Chrome.jpg

Android phone

Contributor

I'm having the same issue on android phone

Trusted Contributor

I had the same issue trying to do today's puzzle on an android phone.  

Trusted Contributor

Screenshot_20230920_101833_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Periodic Contributor

That is exactly what's happening when I play. So frustrating!

Periodic Contributor

That's what's happening to be too!!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP