Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Ballistic bogus online scores as complained about by StephenK299223

Contributor

Ballistic bogus online scores as complained about by StephenK299223

Stehepn K - you say you've played over 100 games & can't score more than 5,000. I've played a few thousand games and have scored 706,000 on the Washington Post version of the games. Either change venues, practice more, or stop pointing fingers.

Contributor

Scored 2 million recently, it's a test of patience more than anything. Oh I wish you could speed it up

Contributor

Congratulations! on your new high score. Am now only up to ~1.7 million myself, & am plugging away at it almost daily! Still annoyed by StephenK's remark about "bogus" scores! Takes patience, but I do agree with you on wishing that the game could be sped up just a little bit. Glad to have finally discovered the "fast-forward" button in the lower right-hand corner of the game, but if you get one single "dot" on an endless cycle with hundreds of targets left, that's a good time for a bathroom break or to go pour another glass of water.

Any secrets of the game to share with me? Have thought of making a YouTube video on what I've learned so far, but seems like too daunting of a task at this point, especially since I haven't even broken the 2 million mark as of yet.

Thanks, Lucky Lambdin. Sheridan, Wyoming.

Contributor

It reaches a point where 3 mistakes in a row will end your game. By mistake I mean any non-optimal turn. I try to snap myself awake after 1 mistake and really plan my shot & concentrate on aiming well. 

The challenge of the game (for me at least) is combating apathy & inattention.

My only tip (though it sounds like you don't need tips from me ๐Ÿ™‚ ) is to maximize your turn even when you don't want to. Say there are three blocks of 500 on screen, two on the left and one on the right. You could aim at & destroy the 2 blocks on the left with a roughly vertical shot. But taking an extra ounce of mental effort & time to hit all 3 blocks with a clever diagonal is worth it. 

Treat the blocks like mould lol

If you don't get rid of it when you can, it will grow 

See you on the leaderboard Lucky Lambdin

Plat0

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP