Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Accessing Games on Desktop

If you’re using a desktop, here’s how you can access AARP Games:

Periodic Contributor

The menu being a popup causes all kinds of problems when playing a game.  If you accidently cross into the menu with the mouse pointer, the menu comes down and blocks out the game.  I, and others have pointed this issue out as being very frustrating, which partly defeats one of the purposes of playing the games.  That is to relax.  I have received various solutions from AARP moderators that offer solutions that do not actually address the problem, which is a programming issue with the AARP site itself.  The solution is to program the menu on the AARP site so that it does not drop down until it is actually clicked on.  I have been disappointed with AARP moderators apparently counting on the fact that OLD PEOPLE are supposed to be computer illiterate and easily fooled into thinking that they themselves are the problem.  If AARP does not want to reprogram the menu to address the problems it causes during gameplay, then just admit it will stay a problem, probably because it increases advertising revenue, and that AARP does not CARE about it's members.  Lately, it is becoming clear that AARP is more interested in generating income with it's partners and less interested in the health of it's members.  I have had to stop using AARP partners because they were giving high renewals after they had you roped in for a few years.  AARP did not care about that either.  Don't be surprised when the hits on your site start going down because people start realizing this.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play rewards and ALL other games.  Except for some games not letting scores accumulate  or showing months totals  ex. The Daily Solitaire and word searches to name a few,  I really enjoy playing numerous games.  Rewards give you nice points and then can be used for a lot of stuff.  Win..Win.  Thank you AARP for all your hard work and fun.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I play the games on my touch screen laptop, Windows based,  using Firefox.

1.  When I finish a game of Solitaire - Addiction, at the end with the score, there is an arrow at the bottom, to continue.  Pressing that arrow opens a new tab at the AARP rewards page.  It does not move the screen on the game page at all, to play again etc.

2.  Same issue as above, with Solitaire - Crescent.

3.  The Games in the menu across the top, I can not get that drop down which starts at the Left:  ALL, Recently Played, etc. using my touch screen.  I have to move the cursor up to the menu bar to get the drop down options.

Periodic Contributor

I am having issues with games sitting there loading.  Nothing.  

Contributor

I was having issues with the games also. I listed my complaints about how poor use of the site was and was very happy to see that the problems have been resolved! It's refreshing in this day and age to feel heard and receive resolution.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP