Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Games: Mega Menu (Website Header)

We just recently introduced our new website header to provide a consistent user interface with the rest of the AARP.org website, improve website familiarity, and increase the speed of page load.

The new website header includes the new AARP mega menu on desktop, where you can navigate to other areas of interest on the AARP website. The mega menu is triggered by mousing over the navigational links (e.g. Health, Money, Work & Jobs, etc.) To close out the menu, click on the 'X' located at the top right corner of the menu (see photo below). Moving your cursor outside of the menu will also collapse it.

mega menu.png

For more information on the new website header, read AARP Games: Red Bar (Website Header)

0 Kudos
Contributor

I try to play Mahjongg and I constantly have to try and center the game so I can see all the tiles. Very frustrating.  Why not make it stationary at the very top?  Even when I hit "Close Menu" I still can't see the full screen.  I thought AARP was supposed to make things easier for seniors, not more frustrating!

Contributor

now the header not only covers the titles etc, unable to play games. What is wrong with this website? Even after clicking on games (daily, members  only) the site goes right back to the new headings. Unable to play anything.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

To everyone with complaints about the red banner, if all you want is to play the games, I suggest you download arkadium. They have a lot of the same games you find on aarp and no issues to deal with.

Trusted Social Butterfly

👍

[*** JIMI @jimi52 wrote:

To everyone with complaints about the red banner, if all you want is to play the games, I suggest you download arkadium. They have a lot of the same games you find on aarp and no issues to deal with. ***]

Don't like the menu, it's in the way of games.  Want there to be a way of permanently removing the menu instead of closing it each time you accidently mouse over one of the menu items.  Please remove this new menu or have a way to permanently remove it from those of us users who don't want or need it

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rgreenwell4, thank you for sharing your concerns.  We are actively working on addressing the issue of the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving it top priority and it is expected the solution will be rolled out this month. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.  

Contributor

Any updates on removing the banner? You had mentioned the solution would be rolled out by the end of February, but the problem still persists as of 3/17/24.  Maybe just change it back to the way it was before the "improvement"?

Periodic Contributor

Why don't you just undo it and test a new change before you mess things up. Won't be surprised if you lose customers. Jim

Regular Social Butterfly

Exactly jimi! Many of us recommended YEARS ago a "beta" test group of volunteers for changes/updates like this but that was ignored...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Contributor

Totally unacceptable. It never should have been rolled out in the first place.  Ad Blockers are legitimate add-ons since web content providers cannot protect malware-laden ads from reaching consumers.  By forcing users to turn off blockers you are tacitly endorsing malware.  What;s next - turn off anti-virus?

Periodic Contributor

The ad blocker never was the problem, just an excuse.

Regular Contributor

This isn't a fix; it still doesn't work.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dreelyn@AlphaKat1@JohnM729645@c407324o -

Thank you for reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.  

Periodic Contributor

The red bar on Edge has made playing games mostly unplayable.  I also can never play Lumeno on Edge as not all parts of the game do not display.  I am using an all-in-one computer to play with Windows 10.  That was my favorite game, unable to play for months.  Also, seems to make no difference whether my ad blocker software is enabled or disabled.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

@gracenote8, thank you for sharing this feedback. Our team is giving this issue top priority - I will keep you updated as more information is available. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Absolute garbage.  On the Android phone, it covers game settings. It cannot be moved or closed.

Periodic Contributor

this flip-flopping menu/banner has made game page nearly unusable- with  games limited to a narrow window- it is not an improvement

Contributor

I agree. In some of the games you can't display the full playing field.

Contributor

The bar on the the Games page does not have the X to keep the menu from moving.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP