Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What do you think about being a minimalist? Do you believe that less is more?

Periodic Contributor

What do you think about being a minimalist? Do you believe that less is more?

Are you already a minimalist? Share your experience when you took that leap for change. Did you feel happy to be free of all that "STUFF" or did you have regrets. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

The term 'Minimalist' is one those words that sounds like it has a specific meaning, but is so subjective that it is next to impossible to define in a specific, measurable manner (along the proverbial lines of Trash & Treasure).

I was raised by people who lived through The Great Depression.  Frugality and making the most of every available resource was a necessity in their lives.  We were no where near as efficient as The First Peoples of North America, but it is habitual for me...generally speaking I think I'd have to go with @KellytheBelly 's WIP assessment.

Despite the vague and general nature of the term it seems to be a notion that we would all do well to make a lifelong WIP...heck it mighta averted Climate Change.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Addendum:

If the information was expressed as numbers alone, most people (even experts) probably would not be able to tell the difference between the behavior of a Society based on a mass production/mass consumption economy and an individual afflicted with uncontrolled substance abuse.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Have no regrets for anything I've donated, recycled or tossed.  Less "inventory" ( stuff ) more time, less stress.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi. 🖐🏻

I suppose I'm a 'Work In Progress' minimalist. Although, my attempt to become minimal with my prized possessions is going to be at a snail's pace, and that's what I'm comfortable with. I will never regret being free of these things because mentally I was able to mull it over long enough to follow-through comfortably. I do better with a kick in the butt, or a chaotic situation to get things done, though, plus, I'm a procrastinator by nature. I think I do better work under pressure.

To answer the question, 'Do you believe that less is more?' Yes, I do think that less is more... meaningful, and can create a more stress-free environment. Goal: to know where everything is in the house. Currently, not even close.  😉 

What about you, @MarciaC389338? Why did you decide to start this thread? Are you in the middle of a project, or have you accomplished this tedious task? Just curious.  🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP