Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

AARP DATING SITE

I have placed my profile on this site to try and meet someone that is compatible with me in my area that maybe I can began a with and see where it goes. The problem is there is a hacker of kind that is pretending to be someone he is not with pictures and profiles that tries to befriend you but it is something in the dialogue that lets you know that it is not quite right. So far I have been able to depict him within the first conservation or so but it has gotten frustrating. His responses are dead give aways. Somehow he lets me know that it is him or a friend. One thing that I have discovered is the are not from the United States. One of the conversations got to the sob story about hard times and I immediately knew that the money question was coming next but I stopped him dead in his tracks before he could board that ship. I have emailed howaboutwe.com because I am very disappointed with the paid membership but have not received a response to date. Can you folks tell me your opinion and experiences with Online dating? Please give me suggestions on how to proceed. I am 56 ( or will be next Friday) but I am ready for a relationship now that all the children are grown and on their own. I am a 2 time divorcee so i don't have patience for nonsense and playing games.

Regular Contributor

Well here In Salem. IL, it is crisp and cool. With the good comes the bad... mosquitos!! They are really bad already up here! But all that being said.... it's all good!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Won't have to worry about the mosquitoes for another 2 weeks here that's when the monsoon arrive. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

One of the things I like about Illinois is the 4 seasons. Nothing more beautiful than the fall colors! And I like change, so the temperatures and scenery changes, and all I have to do is hold still. (peaceful look) Another is the farm ground. I like to see the ground being plowed, the birds following to get their snacks, and the corn growing! Another; is the water of lakes, rivers, and ponds! One more is the animals. We have nothing not common to most states but I enjoy watching them when I can. I have a cardinal red bird that comes every year, and I only hope that a bird doesn't catch it! (smiling) Armadillo's are migrating to our area, I saw one hit on the road yesterday. What are youe favorite things about your state?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon Ms. Sharon. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Oscar! How are you this fine evening? It is nice here in Salem, IL. Cool and crisp outside.

Regular Contributor

Good afternoon! I am a 62 year old female looking to meet a gentleman for friendship, that hopefully leads to a relationship. I was a nurse for 33 years. I am now retired/disabled after 2 back surgeries and joint arthritis. I live in Salem, IL. I own a home, and have one dog. Salem is a small town with not a lot of options for activities. I like tv shows and movies. Mostly SyFy, adventure and chick flicks. I watch TWD, Fear TWD, Van Helsing, The Outpost, Lucifer, Snowpiercer, Wyonna Earp, Vagrant Queen, Killjoys, and Krypton, to name a few. I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I am a christian. I enjoy church and church music. I did volunteer at a resale shop that helped with spaying and neutering of animals, but due to covid-19 the store was closed. I still volunteer with a rescue close to St. Louis, MO, helping with bottle fed kittens. I also confess this site is confusing a far as posting my initial dating profile. Instructions and direction is welcomed! Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

HELLO;

I AM A FEMALE, LOOKING FOR MALE FRIENDSHIP.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for female,are you you the one?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

You're Welcome 👍

Social Butterfly

Think he's on the wrong dating site but wholeheartedly agree with you.

Social Butterfly

Hi everyone greetings from Tucson, Az.

0 Kudos
Contributor

IMHO this is not a dating site.  How is one supposed to search for someone in the same city? How does one limit content to the opposite sex? Or is the actual function of this site just to be a place to post messages and HOPE someone finds you?  So confusing this is.   Never mind, figured it out.  This is just a place to post content (a Forum), not a dating site.  I know, I need to read more closely next time, thanks.

Contributor

HEY MICHAEL - MY NAME IS SUSAN. MAYBE YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS AARP SITE FOR ME. NOT SURE WHAT IT IS OR HOW IT WORKS. THANKS.

0 Kudos

Hi Susan my name is Shon and I am a widower with a son.can we talk outside here [Phone number removed from public view for personal online safety. Please use the Private Messaging function]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

hi will call u monday night
0 Kudos

I have come to this site wanting to meet my best friend hopefully turning into more

0 Kudos

Hello, I am a very active young looking 78 year old. I live in Newport Beach, Ca just steps from the beach. My husband died last year and I didn’t think I would want to find another partner. However after a year of being solo I feel I would love to have a male in my life. I have a good life with two homes, many couple friends, a wonderful family and many interests. I would want preferably a nice looking, professional, financially secure, very healthy senior about my age younger or older.Someone within the proximity of Newport Beach.

That might be a needle in a haystack for a 78 year old but I feel I am that needle on the other side of the haystack.

I look forward to hearing from interested seniors.
Diane

Kudos
Views

Larry419631. This is Gerria.

0 Kudos

Hello Larry. My name is Gerria. I am 77 and a widow.  I am African American. I can furnish a photo upon request. I’d like to talk with you if you are interested. I live in Illinois. Bye for now.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello, once again, I am not Larry.  I am a female, also.  You have the wrong email address.

Take care & much luck.

Sandara Dev
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Darall,

My name is Matthew. 

I checked.  I am male.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi  just wanted to say hello and wish every one well that I met on aarp,....Keep well and be safe..........May Father God bless you all!!                                                                                 (Patty)                                                                                                                   Natalia

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Larry
0 Kudos
Contributor

WHAT STATE DO YOU LIVE IN?

Most long distance relationships have problems.

Sandara Dev
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Darall,

I live in Portland, Oregon. Where do you live?

I saw your comment about long distance relationships, and I totally agree!

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi I would love to contact you but there is a problem with the site . It won't let me update my photos and finish my profile. It doesn't tell me where you're from or anything like that. I live in Seattle by the way.

0 Kudos
Contributor

HELLO:

Long distance romance does not work for me.  Thanks, & I wish you the best.

Sandara Dev
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello I live in Delaware nice to hear from you .this is not what I expected from this site its really not made up to be a dating site it impossible to communicate here. 

Denise 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes your right . My cell is [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED FROM PUBLIC VIEW PLEASE USE PRIVATE MESSAGES FUNCTION ON THE COMMUNITY]
If you want to trade pictures

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP