Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Double AARP Rewards Points, September promotion

Conversationalist

Double AARP Rewards Points, September promotion

Honored Social Butterfly

Can someone please clarify the double point promo? Is it only a one-time thing? Mine never reset, they just stay check-marked, and when I watch one it gives me a message that I've already earned the points. I really thought this was a daily event. Thanks, in advance, if anyone here knows.  ๐Ÿ™‚

only double points once during the month of september.png

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

It appears to be for one time only.Mine all have the check mark also.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MemberS2006  Thank you so much for your help! That answers my question! ๐Ÿ™‚

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @MemberS2006

โ€œIt appears to be for one time onlyโ€

Yes....after doing a little searching I saw this: LIMITED-TIME OFFER earn double points on select content September 1 - September 30, 2023โ€

LIMITED-TIME OFFERLIMITED-TIME OFFER

So the Double AARP Rewards Points appears to be monthly with a few choice vids to earn the Double Points by watching one time....so if you see the check mark...it simply means youโ€™ve already completed it!

Anyway...I just wanted to give you a โ€˜heads upโ€™....& hope this helps!

Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ ๐Ÿ›ถ ๐Ÿ– ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ โ›ต

Conversationalist

Thank you for posting.I would never have found them otherwise.I was able to get over 10,000 points today.The five videos give an extra 3,000 points that don't seem to count toward the daily limit.

Silver Conversationalist

@MemberS2006 Congratulations you are definitely lucky

I maxed out to the tune of 7800 pts this morning and jumped over to the Double Points link a did the 2nd video for the  ?? 600pts. I noticed right off the 600pts badge was dimmed out but took a chance anyway. Did not work for me, got the YOU HAVE MAXED OUT FOR THE DAY. Please come back tomorrow. 
Admin could have read your post and disabled that feature. Just cainโ€™t see them letting us earn 10,500 points in one day ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

rednexsrus - You're not sequencing correctly.

- the correct method is to arrive just below 7,500 threshold; ( you should not have played your usual +300 point video at the end) instead - now play the 600 point video and this will add 600 pts = 'that is not fully counted for the 'Max out banner- yet...'

- and now play your usual 300 video (or 450 quiz) and the "Max out banner will appear."

Once you got your usual 7,800 = of course you can not add any more points; and it dimmed out to prevent any additions.

Point - arrive just below 7,500 then do the 600 video (or more 600's) and then add the final 300 or 450 - and it works;... still.  Admin did not disable.

--------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to MemberS2006 - I just verified on adding two (600 points) by the correct method, today. ( I had only two left ) Able to add 1,650 points.  โ˜‘๏ธ

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Conversationalist

I clicked the five 600 points videos when I saw the post here.I had not watched any videos for today at that point.I assumed the 3000 points would count toward the daily but the banner never showed up I was maxed out so I kept watching and got credit for the 7500 daily after watching the double points videos.So they truly are bonus points.That is always nice to see a bonus be a real bonus.

Bronze Conversationalist

Maxed out like a pro

You've reached the daily point limit of 7,500. Well done, you overachiever.

It's good to know an 'early play' method for these 'bonus points' works, too. โ˜‘๏ธ

It didn't occur to me to play a 'multiple of bonus videos' until you posted; and so I had to try it out today - it worked. โ˜‘๏ธ

I had originally planned to play only one 'bonus 600' per day/ night; but I needed to verify your post. 

๐Ÿ˜Ž 

Honored Social Butterfly

Ya'll are confusing me with this...can I just do it the old-fashioned way, sans 600-1,000 points? I know I'm being ripped-off. It's okay.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you!

Silver Conversationalist

Hey guys, just be aware you can earn 900 points taking (3) 1 minute videos instead of watching that 3+ minute one for only 600 pts. 
AARP ainโ€™t gonna give any of us a break. ๐Ÿฅบ ๐Ÿฅบ

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

My personal Pro Tip:

-  Normally you can add another 450 points to your Daily Limit of just under -7,500 Points +450 (quiz) for maximum point earnings.

- with the Extra bonus Points of 600 points described above for Members only, I would recommend to get just under 7,500 and just Earn/ play one of the 600 points Bonus activity.

It adds 600 points, but because it's a 'rogue/ anomaly' addition; the "Maxed Out Like A Pro" banner didn't come up - so I tried to earn more points by playing another 450 point quiz - it worked = it added up now, and now I got the "Maxed out like a pro" banner.

- Net: I was able to add about an extra 1,000+ points to my 7,500 Daily Points for the day.

๐Ÿ˜Ž  My Rewards Balance /with Daily Limit was 605,945 but was able to get 606,985 points by above method.

..... so many points and 'so few'...and 'so little the rewards' to spend it on.....๐Ÿ™„

Gold Conversationalist

Hey @OneDayMatisyahu

Thanks as always, ....

BTW: when I finish earning & then redeeming for the day I add that total.... plus 7500... so I always know what the max will be the following day!

Using your advice in โ€˜sequencingโ€™....I was able to get right to the 7500 threshold, then watch the 600 vid ...& then take a quiz...so the total for today was 7500 + 600 + 450 = 8550!

That said...the prob is getting AARP Rewards admins to give us something worthwhile to spend on......haahaa

Anyway... Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ถ๐Ÿ–~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿโ›ต

Super Contributor

@OneDayMatisyahu @Way to go OneDay

I did avoid the double points videoโ€™s because they were too long playing, but maneuvering the daily videoโ€™s a the quizzes I can consistently get 7800 pts myself. Wish we had something to spend them on ๐Ÿ˜ฉ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Social Butterfly

@garyfish49 

Thanks for the link.

@Therapist4u 

Dare say you!!!!!  haha

AndrewToo
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Gary! @garyfish49 Thanks for letting us know about the Double AARP Rewards Points, September promotion!

Now....if only we could get the stingy/chinchy/chintzy site admins to give us Double AARP Gift Card Rewards....as in from the measly $5 GCs...to at least $10.....

or dare say....

$20 Gift Cards๐Ÿ’ฒ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฒ....LOL!!!๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway...

Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ–~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ โ›ต

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP