Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

🏖🚢 Tell Us About YOUR 2023 Travel Plans!

Anonymous
Not applicable

🏖🚢 Tell Us About YOUR 2023 Travel Plans!

▶️To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

***READ comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! 💃🥳

Thanks, Nicole ✈️ (Destinations Forum)

Recognized Social Butterfly

1 comment (9/8/23)

Anyone else done the ONE DAY TRIPS or would like to? 🤔

Since "retiring" I luv them = NO need for a hotel! 💃💃💃

Nicole 🙃

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

One day trip to work, & back home in 10 hours (5 days a week).  I did venture out to my patio twice, not to sit & relax but to clear out the brush & uncover the AC unit. 

Periodic Contributor

Planning to visit Colorado Springs, Colorado for a much needed getaway. I love going to the mountains to enjoy the serenity of it! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

***READ comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! 💃🥳

Thanks, Nicole ✈️ (Destinations Forum)

Contributor

We are RVing to South Dakota for Fourth of July. Boondocking in the Badlands for a couple nights and then heading to Ellsworth Airforce Base FamCamp and staying for week. Any suggestions on places to visit or see are greatly appreciated.🏕

Anonymous
Not applicable

WE "appreciate" you stopping by CJ @RVingLife  !!!! ‌💃‌🥳, Nicole 🙃

▶️@RVingLife wrote:

We are RVing to South Dakota for Fourth of July. Boondocking in the Badlands for a couple nights and then heading to Ellsworth Airforce Base FamCamp and staying for week. Any suggestions on places to visit or see are greatly appreciated.🏕◀️

Anonymous
Not applicable

(Friday 6/2/23)

Any "updates" Claudette @ClaudetteB585924 , Lynn @LynnK619287 , Andrea @andreaf579363 ? 🤔

Nicole 🙃

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5/30/23) My "only" child (daughter) wants us to make MEMORIES while I am still alive!

So WE decided that since I am NOW Retired 💃🥳 and she has EVERY OTHER Friday 🙃ff, WE can do some "day trips"...

Being in my 60's and NO LONGER enjoy the "heat" (lol, use to be out at the beach all the time here in Florida) = WE will need to do stuff this OLD lady can do.

Nicole 🙃

Honored Social Butterfly

Having two large dead trees cut down($$$$), bought new microwave after old one went kaput($$), replacing refrigerator after 20 years($$$$$), replacing stove after 18 years($$$$), two plumbing issues repaired($$$$), repair of ceiling due to one of those plumbing issues($$$$)= NO TRAVEL PLANS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes @nctarheel !!! 😱

Lol, my Old Lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra) last year with timing and alternator belts. But, hey, stuff happens... Cheaper to keep her!

Nicole 🙃

▶️@nctarheel wrote:

Having two large dead trees cut down($$$$), bought new microwave after old one went kaput($$), replacing refrigerator after 20 years($$$$$), replacing stove after 18 years($$$$), two plumbing issues repaired($$$$), repair of ceiling due to one of those plumbing issues($$$$)= NO TRAVEL PLANS.◀️

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5/29/23) Memorial Day Weekend cruise with my boyfriend (his treat 😉) and my daughter and her boyfriend.

Nicole 🙃

Periodic Contributor

Hopefully, I will get to go back to Colorado Springs, Colorado. I love waking up daily to beautiful mountainscape! Absolutely breathtaking!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5/22/23) Oh YES, that is a beautiful location Claudette @ClaudetteB585924 !!!! WE hope you will stop by again to "update" us, Nicole 🙃

▶️@ClaudetteB585924 wrote:

Hopefully, I will get to go back to Colorado Springs, Colorado. I love waking up daily to beautiful mountainscape! Absolutely breathtaking!!!◀️ 

Contributor

We are going to Norway in August. We would like to hike up to Pulpit's Rock as we decided the Troll Tongue was just too rigorous for us.  Has anyone here done this hike? We are both in our 60s and walk daily but on flat land!  Would appreciate hearing from others who have done this hike after age 65!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5/22/23) Hi Lynn @LynnK619287 , how are your "plans" going for Norway? Three more months! 💃🥳 WE hope you will stop by again to "update" us, Nicole 🙃

▶️@LynnK619287 wrote:

We are going to Norway in August. We would like to hike up to Pulpit's Rock as we decided the Troll Tongue was just too rigorous for us.  Has anyone here done this hike? We are both in our 60s and walk daily but on flat land!  Would appreciate hearing from others who have done this hike after age 65!◀️

Contributor

We just returned from Scandinavia last week. Norway was beyond gorgeous. We also enjoyed Denmark and Sweden but Norway was unforgettably beautiful. 

Contributor

Hi there.  I just came back from Atlanta last weekend.  I'm headed to Florida at the end of May and possibly going to Canada or an island in September or for the holidays.  Wish me Luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(5/22/23) Hi Andrea @andreaf579363 , you should be heading to Florida soon! 💃🥳 WE hope you will stop by again to "update" us, Nicole 🙃

▶️@andreaf579363 wrote:

Hi there.  I just came back from Atlanta last weekend.  I'm headed to Florida at the end of May and possibly going to Canada or an island in September or for the holidays.  Wish me Luck!◀️ 

Bronze Conversationalist

Backyardsville, same as always since 2004. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments 4/26/23) Lol @Tempest332 , took me a "minute" for it to register (old age 🙄) you mean your BACKYARD. Me too but way longer than you!!! Thanks for the "chuckle", Nicole 🤣😂

➡️@Tempest332 wrote:

Backyardsville, same as always since 2004. ⬅️

Bronze Conversationalist

I probably will not even make it there, I do have to do a cleanup before the HOA  comes after me so it will require a visit.  

I can count on 1 hand the times I actually sat in my patio either to eat for relaxing proposes in the last 25 years.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment 4/26/23) Hi @Tempest332 , I miss having a backyard in spite of being scared of snakes and whatever else is out there. Nothing like being outside with nature and fresh air. But as I AGE  (yes, I am old/lol), all I am seeing is LOSS of both. Yes, overbuilding, pollution and neighbors feeling it is their right to smoke their "medicinal" weed.

Nicole 🙃

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Smelling my neighbors Medicinal Weed?  Now that may be a trip I'd be willing to take, unfortunately we don't have that here. (no Recreational, & they are still squabbling on who is going to "get rich" on medical distribution)... I'm not in California, so in other words you simply cannot go to your doctor & tell them you have a headache!  🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP