Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Any Tooth Extraction Tips/Stories?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Tooth Extraction Tips/Stories?

Monday - March 29, 2021

Well I got a call about 1 hour ago that I could come in for a tooth extraction today at 2pm. Was scheduled for April 27th. So I rushed out to get the items I had read ONLINE that would aid with the AFTER extraction drama. I hate the dentist with a passion and it has been about 35 years since I had an extraction. Back in apt, leaving for dentist in a few 😱😭20210329_130424.jpg

Black Tea bags for bleeding. Vitamin A. Vitamin C. Salt. Advil.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was going to say that the saltwater rinse is the way to go go, but looks like you're quite prepared! Also glad to hear you are feeling well and are well-rested. I have a lot of experience with tooth extractions...for some reason, I only lost 3 baby teeth on their own, the rest had to be surgically removed (guess I have a strong jaw bone?) I've also had some adult teeth removed that the dentist decided I didn't need because my mouth is small and they wouldn't fit 🙃

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Day 1 after the extraction

Tuesday - March 30, 2021

Just got up and grateful for no pain and slept really well. Lol, of course being drugged up on Advil helped. Upstairs neighbors were their usual noisey self 😞 but I guess Advil knocked me out 🙂

Today at 2pm (24 hours after extraction) I will be able to start rinsing with warm salt water every 4 hours per my patient informational sheet. Thank goodness I had read online about this process helping with the HEALING. I have not used salt for years due to high blood pressure. Lol, now to keep my STINKY mouth SHUT while shopping at Walmart today. My usual grocery shopping day (Tuesday) and hate not brushing my teeth. No mention on sheet about when I can, so it is back to the INTERNET to find out.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I was going to say that the saltwater rinse is the way to go go, but looks like you're quite prepared! Also glad to hear you are feeling well and are well-rested. I have a lot of experience with tooth extractions...for some reason, I only lost 3 baby teeth on their own, the rest had to be surgically removed (guess I have a strong jaw bone?) I've also had some adult teeth removed that the dentist decided I didn't need because my mouth is small and they wouldn't fit 🙃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AARPRachelA my daughter also had to have teeth removed, too many. I had only the wisdom teeth on my left side removed in my 20's. Then 2 more teeth, 1 due to being pregnant and they didnot want to repair it. The other, lol, I forget. Old!!! It was very sad when I had to have this molar removed and hope no more. Last extraction was 35 years ago when I was pregnant with my only child (age 28). 5 missing teeth is enough.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP