Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Telikin One Touch Computer

On the back page of the Bulletin is the ad for this computer. I have tried searching the internet for the exact specifications and cannot find anything, not even who makes it. I'd like to know more without having to call the number listed. I'd like to know what programs are installed and what the asking price is and the OS. My only income is my SS and if there are payment options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @Digitalmaniac !

My friend @OneDayMatisyahu has done some great research & worth checking out his links & recommendations.

I had looked into this seemingly wonderful puter sys before....& now remember why everything I read on it said โ€œthe prices. These things are WAY over-priced for the tech they offer. The gimmicky touch-screen is always problematic (that's why they still have a keyboard and mouse, right?), but even with that magic upgrade these things are worth maybe half their suggested price.โ€

They also cleverly offer benefits that seem to be magical and specially designed for seniors, but which are part and parcel of any modern system. Automatic software updates, "virus-resistant" design, photo viewing through Facebook (who would have thought?) and several other "features" that are about as remarkable as wings on birds....

Save your money and buy a real system that actually has the power to do what you want, and avoid these gimmicky toys. They don't offer any advantages over a regular system nor are they a quality product. They are outdated, under-powered and of questionable design (cramming everything together in an "all-in-one" design ensures over-heating of critical components)โ€

Takecare!  ~Allen

Bronze Conversationalist

Click here for wiki details ---> Telikin - Wikipedia

Click here for BBB profile ----> Telikin | Complaints | Better Business Bureauยฎ Profile (bbb.org)

Click here for an old Consumer Re-ports review from 2013 - hardware/ software has been updated since then, but some themes/ modes still persist ----->  Telikin Elite review: A touch-screen PC for tech novices (consumerreports.org)

๐Ÿค”  There seems to be an on-going subscription fee that they will ask you for; you can opt out but for a big charge.

If you know any relatives/ friends or neighbors with some computer knowledge who can advice you - may be a better idea. .

Till the next 'Black Friday' day deals - this is where you may get the best deals or something like BestBuy when they have clearance sales of older inventory.

If you have a public library near you - most will have 'free computer usage' and 'printer service.'

๐Ÿ˜Ž  Personal Note: In conjunction with my local library and some non-profits who want to solve the digital divide/ aid/  support seniors with modern tech - I was able to apply for and receive a "free laptop" last year. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP