Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Microsoft Edge, Anyone Else Using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Edge, Anyone Else Using?

I would welcome any feedback from other users. Any tips, solutions, stuff you luv or dislike about it and so on. 

Chrome decided to stop working on my Dell laptop of 3 years, I am now using Microsoft Edge 😞 While very grateful for it, it is so different for a Chrome user of many years. Lol, it has certainly pushed my retired brains into exploring and learning 🙂 Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

What model Dell do you have? I have an older Dell Inspiron 5558 but I haven't had any problems using Chrome.

Do you have and use Dell Support Assist?

Dell SupportAssist for PCs | Dell US

Have you checked with the Dell Community to see if someone can help?

View solution in original post

Social Butterfly

Windows 10, 1909, will be End of Service 05/11/2021. 

Windows 10 - release information | Microsoft Docs

My suggestion would be to update soon. Windows 10, 21H1, should be out this month.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Social Butterfly

Below is what I currently have on all three of my computers. I have all updates.

AARPMyWindows1021.jpg

Social Butterfly

Below is what I currently have on all three of my computers. I have all updates.

AARPMyWindows1021.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

I mostly use Firefox because, unlike Edge, it supports the uBlock Origin plug in.  See

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

I don't use Chrome because I don't trust Google, who removed all history of AARP's Politics and Current Events from search results over a month ago.  Google is not the user's friend.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I mostly use Firefox because, unlike Edge, it supports the uBlock Origin plug in.  See

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

I don't use Chrome because I don't trust Google, who removed all history of AARP's Politics and Current Events from search results over a month ago.  Google is not the user's friend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @aruzinsky I use to use Firefox many years ago before switching to Chrome. Thanks for joining our discussion 🙂

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

AARPMyWindows1021.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, @cat0w that is what is hopefully is loading on my laptop right now. 82% installed. Thank you

20210320_171518.jpg

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I just had a problem trying to post this with Edge. I had to switch over to Google Chrome and had no problems posting it.

I do use Edge most of the time. My suggestion is to look at your Settings and set up Edge the way your want it. One big change I just made to mine was to place all my favorites in folders arranged by alphabet. This makes it a little faster to get to what I want to look at. See image below.

AARPFavorites2021.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, no go @cat0w Got the famous Failed to install on 3/20/21 - 0xc190010120210320_180755.jpg

i

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cat0w I do appreciate this information. Thanks, Angela 🙂

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

What model Dell do you have? I have an older Dell Inspiron 5558 but I haven't had any problems using Chrome.

Do you have and use Dell Support Assist?

Dell SupportAssist for PCs | Dell US

Have you checked with the Dell Community to see if someone can help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cat0w thanks for taking the time to respond. I have an Inspiron 15 I purchased in 2018. No to Dell Support and Dell Community. I have not been able to update from Windows 10, the 1909 version. Keep getting error messages and Microsoft Support no help. I am okay with keeping 1909 but wondering if this is not permitted? Also wondering if this older version is the cause of all this. Thanks, Angela 🙂

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Windows 10, 1909, will be End of Service 05/11/2021. 

Windows 10 - release information | Microsoft Docs

My suggestion would be to update soon. Windows 10, 21H1, should be out this month.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cat0w hopefully I will be able to update to newest Windows 10 before version 1909 support ebds in May. Thanks for info. I have been getting error messages. What version are you using?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

AARPMyWindows1021.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP