Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Rewards - email address of sender if winner

Contributor

Rewards - email address of sender if winner

Hi, With computer security a concern, if I win a prize in AARP contests what is the email address I should trust as their legitamite sender? Or will the notice come by mail?

Barbara Del Duke

Community Concierge

@Barbara5053 When you play our Instant Win game, you'll immediately see a message saying you won or lost. If you win a sweepstakes, you will receive an email from email@email.aarp.org or AARPsweeps@e.helloworldemail.com. Learn more here: https://aarp.info/3kmOzTZ 

Bronze Conversationalist

You can click here ----> AARP Phishing Emails - AARP Online Community

You can read my thread and you 'should' look at other threads here in this topic of AARP's "Scams & Fraud" for additional information.

The "you have won this or that...." phishing scam/ spam are really common - always be alert and do not 'open and click' until you have checked - do not be tempted.   🤔

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked my latest 'winners - Sweepstakes and Instant Win' and saw this:

For real AARP winning emails - under 'Subject' heading...

"Your name," congratulations, here is your reward!

or

"Your name," Some Steps for Getting Your Reward!

😎

Trusted Contributor

Never win 😭

0 Kudos
Contributor

Can they add "AARP Benefits -Your Name, steps for getting your reward" and not include a link so we know it's real?  Give instructions to log in and navigate to receive it? Better yet, mail a letter. I wonder how many people miss the rewards. 

Does the website add an alert/message for winners so it's present when you log in, too?  Barb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP