Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

CONSUMER CELLULAR is lying about reduced coverage and speed

Contributor

CONSUMER CELLULAR is lying about reduced coverage and speed

CONSUMER CELLULAR is lying to their customers about why they need to get new SIM cards for their phones. The reason they require you to get a new SIM card for your phone is because T-Mobile is no longer going to give Consumer Cellular access to their Network, therefore Consumer Cellular service will only be available where AT&T coverage is available. And because AT&T coverage is terrible many people are going to find that their phones are either unreliable or useless. AND... For customers that do not change their SIM card because they have no AT&T coverage in their area, Consumer Cellular is currently actively restricting your data usage and falsely attributing it to a "technical glitch" (which their customer service reps will pretend to fix but nothing happens.) This lack of honesty from Consumer Cellular about why their service has changed is borderline fraudulent and everyone experiencing it should contact the FCC. 

Spoiler

Contributor

I have had issues with the new SIM card too. I have an iphone, but some of my family and friends have Android phones.  With the new SIM card, group text messaging with Android users now requires you to keep Data turned on. 

One thing I liked about Consumer Cellular was the ability to keep the monthly cost down by limiting my data usage.  Now I have to keep Data turned on and this will most likely increase my monthly charges.

Guess who will be looking for a new phone carrier ?!!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP