Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

COVID VACCINE MISINFORMATION

In reading, listening, and talking to people, I've learned there is so much misinformation about the upcoming Covid vaccine that is causing a lot of people to become paranoid and terribly frightened about getting it!   I thought I would share some of the information I have obtained from doing research on the subject using very reliable sources:

1.  The vaccine does NOT contain a live virus.  The virus that is injected is dead.

2.  The vaccine, just like a flu shot, will NOT give you the Covid virus.

3.  The vaccine will NOT change your personal DNA, will NOT cause Bell's Palsy, make you impotent, cause a stroke, make you go blind, etc. etc.

4.  The vaccine should NOT be given to pregnant women or children under age 18 ONLY because researchers don't know how/if the vaccine would affect pregnant women or children.

5.  The Covid vaccine CAN but not necessarily WILL cause the following side effects...

* Pain, redness, or swelling where the shot is administered (same as flu shot)

* Fever

* Fatigue

* Headache, muscle pain

* Chills, joint pain

6.  If you have any reactions to the vaccine, most happen within the first couple days and last no more than three days.

7.  The vaccine requires you to get two shots,  3 to 4 weeks apart.

8.  Researchers are constantly working on new vaccines to adapt them to different situations.  The reason the vaccines were discovered so quickly was because scientists and researchers already had some basis to start with due to other viruses that have been treated in the past (ie. SARS, N1H1, the "common" flu virus, etc.). It does NOT mean any precautions or steps were disregarded or skipped over in order to come up with a vaccine so quickly.

9. NO PART of aborted fetuses are part of the vaccine!

10.  Even after receiving the vaccine, people will still need to continue wearing masks and social distancing for awhile.

I hope this will put some peoples' minds at ease.  And those who may have heard and been told some of the outrageous and false information will share the information I mentioned above with others.   Be safe.  Be healthy.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this @RosemaryF433825. There's also some great and reliable information separating fact from fiction when it comes to getting vaccinated against COVID-19 here: 7 Myths About Coronavirus Vaccine.

View solution in original post

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience with the vaccine. I had the Moderna vaccine and boosters and had no side effects. Everyone I know who had the vaccine had no bad side effects. It all depends on the person. I hope you will get better. I wish you the best.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this @RosemaryF433825. There's also some great and reliable information separating fact from fiction when it comes to getting vaccinated against COVID-19 here: 7 Myths About Coronavirus Vaccine.

Regular Contributor

I think as a publication you would be more like Sweden. What is your look on this now that the evidence has come out on the side effects & information that says otherwise?

Cat Parker
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP