Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Favorite Daylight Saving Time memes or jokes.

Gold Conversationalist

Favorite Daylight Saving Time memes or jokes.

Feel free to add your Favorite Daylight Saving Time memes or jokes.

c.jpg

l.jpg

Just the facts Mam!:

Countries including the United States, Canada and Cuba prepare to set clocks back an hour on Nov. 5 as Daylight Saving Time is coming to a close. This year's time change happens on Sunday, Nov. 5 at 2 a.m. local time, our clocks will go back an hour to 1 am and we will gain an extra hour of sleep, part of the twice-annual time change that affects most, but not all, Americans. [Hawaii and Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) do not observe daylight saving time, and neither do the territories of American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands]

OIP.jpg

We gain an hour in November (as opposed to losing an hour in the spring) to accommodate for more daylight in the mornings. When we "spring forward" in March, it's to add more daylight in the summer evenings. Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour earlier on Nov 5, 2023 than the day before. There will be more light in the morning.

kkk.jpg

With Daylight Saving Time ending or beginning, it’s a good habit to change your smoke alarm batteries!

de.jpg

Regular Social Butterfly

Great post! And @garyfish49 , that's classic!

No meme or joke on my part, but an actual (now funny) experience:

Working wife and mom (8 month old, 18 month old and 13 year old) showed up to the office and much to my surprise everything was in full swing, as I was ALWAYS first in... guess who was too busy to remember to reset the clocks? Remember, this was 1986 before most devices existed and most time pieces required manual intervention...

As an aside, traffic on the 405 was just as busy so I don't think I was alone 😉 

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Conversationalist

Rolling Stones, Beatles, clocks back..jpg

Gold Conversationalist

Hi my friend Gary! @garyfish49

Thank you for the hilarious cartoon 😄....it brings back memories of waiting for a new 45 🎶 or album 🎵 from the 2 best & most exciting early 60s 🎤 Rock-N-Roll  🎸 bands 🥁!

I’m very glad to see a new post from you! ‼️ Last one was in Sept about the Double AARP Rewards Points, so I haven’t had a chance to reply to or kudo anything from you...LOL😊...but also wanted to thank you for all the ones you have given me since then!

As always...Take care DUDE!

🍁🍂☮️🍁🍂~Allen 🍁🍂🌈🍁🍂

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

one hour early uh huh.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

hello darkness.png

Gold Conversationalist

🎶🎤🎶

Disturbed The Sound of SilenceDisturbed The Sound of Silence

Honored Social Butterfly

daylight-saving-time is hard.png

Trusted Social Butterfly

This one is a hoot.  I still get a kick out of the analogy, "Daylight Savings Time is like cutting one end off a rug and sewing it to the other end to make it longer,".

Gold Conversationalist

🤔

OIP.jpg😃

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP