Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Carnival gift card error message

I have tried multiple cards, and PayPal, I continue to receive an error message. I have chatted twice online, one stated the card has to match the account…same error message! Then the next agent stated to use a different browser…same error message. How can I get help?

Periodic Contributor

Me too !!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Be careful! I kept trying to submit payment until it went through, but then I never received my cards and had to jump through hoops for a refund - took about a month to settle everything. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@LindaM714194 Hi Linda, let me help! What error message are you receiving? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Something went wrong with your transaction. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Please note, even though there was an error with this transaction, submitting your payment information may result in a temporary hold on your available funds. While funds have not been removed or withdrawn from your account, they may be temporarily unavailable as is standard banking procedure when validating a request to transact. Before retrying this purchase, please be sure you have the available funds.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am currently having, and have had in the past the same issue.  I've called several times and the issue remains a mystery, never resolved through customer service. randomly it'll just start working.  The last time I called the rep admitted it was an ongoing, unexplained and unresolved issue.  very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@t152542w Let's check on this. AARP Rewards participants will encounter this message when a billing mismatch is detected. Please verify that the name and address you entered at checkout exactly match your payment card's billing statement. Common discrepancies include missing building or apartment numbers and P.O. Boxes. Participants can't make a purchase using someone else's credit or debit card. You may want to also disable any browser based or third party ad blockers that may be interfering with the transaction. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Members address, email and information is not the problem. It’s happening to at least 55 percent of members who are trying to get these gift cards if not more when reading these post here within the community. One cannot tell me it’s all these people don’t know there name, email, address etc get outta here it’s  AARP not the members.  The system is old and dated and need to be upgraded to a better system to handle transactions . It’s new modern technology now  upgrade the platform that will fix the problem. Instead have people dealing with this causing undue stress. I’m going through it now. To cheap to shut everything down and redo their platform.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

None of that is the issue. I'm using my debit card, same address and other info as always.   this is on ongoing, issue that happens sporadically. 

Community Concierge

@t152542w When you have a moment, please give our team a call so we can look into it further: 1-866-451-6305

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You know I did get a refund on some gift cards but it doesn't tell me which gift cards are still alive I really need some help with this this is crazy and it was all because of your computer glitch and when I called they said well we don't know we just some cards are boarded and some aren't but I don't know which ones are and that's not fair I have to go through 30 cards? Please pardon my talk-to-text I have a broken wrist so I can't Tippy tap like usual

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@siobhanm686339 Thank you for being a valued member, Siobhan! Be sure to check the gift card balances to determine which cards are still usable. You can give our Rewards team a call if you need further assistance as well:  1-866-451-6305

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have made several attempts to purchase carnival gift cards this morning.  I keep getting the same error message.  I have purchased these in the past with no problem.  What is happening??

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ReneeT973454 Hi Renee, are you still experiencing an error message when you attempt to purchase? Please verify that the name and address you entered at checkout exactly match your payment card's billing statement.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi @ReneeT973454. Yes, lately, there have been intermittent errors with most everything in the rewards catalog, it's really hit or miss. I have just refresh or reload the page to get it to work accurately. If the page is idle for a few minutes, that seems to be the issue, for me at least. I would try again. 🙂

Contributor

Linda, I’m getting the same message.  Did you get any answers?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@CarlaK670760 Hey Carla, I pulled up your account to confirm that your case has been escalated. You will hear back from our team within 3-5 business days.

Community Concierge

@LindaM714194 Got it. AARP Rewards participants will encounter this message when a billing mismatch is detected. Please verify that the name and address you entered at checkout exactly match your payment card's billing statement. Participants can't make a purchase using someone else's credit or debit card. Common discrepancies include missing building or apartment numbers and P.O. Boxes. Also, ad-blockers may cause this error message, be sure to disable any ad blockers you may have. If you continue to receive this error message, please send me a private message and let me know what device and browser you are using so I can start an escalation for you. Steps to sending a private message can be found here: How do I send a private message 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This has been going on for years. It has nothing to do with name and address.  I've made numerous calls, issue never resolved.  It just works some days and some days it doesn't.  On my last call about this I told the rep that we both know it is an ongoing issue and nothing to do with billing information.  She reluctantly admitted I was correct.  So I can only conclude that nobody can figure out the problem, or nobody is trying.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Linda, did you ever get help with this issue? I am currently experiencing the same. Thanks. 

Contributor

I am going through this exact issue.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@GloriaC555193 Hi Gloria, I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue. Our team escalated your case when you called in to troubleshoot. You can expect to hear back within 3-5 days.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have the same problem trying to purchase carnival gift cards, just has an error and cant purchase any....?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

me too help

0 Kudos

Where do we go online to purchase the carnival gift cards?  TIA

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MichaelM706040 Hi Michael! You can find available AARP Rewards redemptions on our site here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/all/

0 Kudos
Contributor

When I click the link you proviided above all it does it takes me to the Rewards splash page. I don't see anywhere to select gift cards.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@78goldwing The Carnival gift cards are Rewards redemption items. Once you visit the redemption page, you may want to apply filters so the results display differently. Here is a link to the Redemption items filtered by "Travel" where you can find all of the cruise gift cards: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default&type=filter_travel

Contributor

So, I can access this link on my tablet, just not from my desktop. Weird ~ 

Contributor

Even that link is only taking me to the main "Get Started With AARP Rewards" page even though the URL says travel in it at the top. I just don't get it.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP