Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

AARP Value, TOTAL SAVINGS

This Online Community has clearly expressed its disappointment, maybe even outrage, in the point cost of gift cards going sky high.  And I hope management is listening. However, my TOTAL SAVINGS from the Rewards page is $1241.  That's a lot of value.  The value in purchasing gift cards is also pretty significant. Hulu, Home Depot and Lowes, just to name a few of the ones most useful to me, are discounted 8%.  Coupled with a 3% discount for online purchases from the credit card I use, that's 11%.  So what is your TOTAL SAVINGS?

Super Contributor

Does anyone know for sure if INSTANT WINS and SWEEPSTAKES

are the ONLY TWO activities that will generate a 1099 for tax purposes if both total more than $600.00 

I remember something about this being posted some time ago.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@BillD916633 An IRS 1099 Form is only issued to participants who won prizes valued at $600 or more for sweepstakes and/or instant wins with a total value of $600 or more in the calendar year. 1099 Forms are sent by January 31, 2024.

Contributor

My disappointment is in the numerous gift cards available for travel this months.  Many seniors do not have the funds to travel but appreciate the retail cards available for basic necessities.  I hope AARP management realizes seniors do not get cost of living raises, and the past few years have been extremely difficult as the cost of basics keeps rising.  Our appreciation for the instant wins and purchase of gift cards for basic necessities continues to grow (more so than working class individuals  participating in AARP ,,,many of whom receive raises or chances to increase their income by working additional hours or taking on additional responsibilities)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP