Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

$2000 Sweepstakes

I have just entered the $2,000 sweepstakes with 1,000 reward points. However it says it is to be drawn in Feb 2023! Is this an error of the year? 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri The $2,000 Financial Goals Sweepstakes is missing in Redemption. Please request this be investigated?

Thank you in advance!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WebWiseWoman It is appearing now in Redemption.  

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I'm still getting an error message and unable to enter.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thanks for the fix!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @gc9801 When I looked into what you posted, “to be drawn in Feb 2023” what I found was: “February 14, 2024.”

February 14, 2024..JPG

Also you said “I have just entered the $2,000 sweepstakes with 1,000 reward points.” it shows that was only 2 entries....of 10 available every day... (*whenever I enter a sweeps, I feel my best chance is to use as many as allowed!)

2.JPG

10.JPG

So...that would be 10 entries for 5,000 reward points...as that is 150,000 reward points for the 30 days it’s open to enter!! ...way too much for me!

1.JPG

And that is for only ONE winner....of all the peeps entering daily.... makes it about as likely to win as the highest Powerball EVER!! LOL!!

Anyway...Happy New Year!

Take care! 🎈 🎆 ☃️ 🎉 ☮️ ~Allen 🌈🎇  🎊 🎈

Periodic Contributor

Thanks for looking at this, I did receive an updated email from AARP after I had posted this with a revised date of (Must enter by January 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.)   
Happy New Year to you too 😀

Bronze Conversationalist

The Monthly Sweepstakes which last till the end of the month will have the drawing on the following month and the 'winners' may receive the 'winning notification e-mails around the 11th to the 14th' - the public Winners List for the Monthly Winners should be published around the 20th onwards.

So yes, the drawing for the $2000 Sweepstakes will be drawn in February; and yes, it's a typo error on their part.

You can click here for the latest Winners ---->  December 2023 Sweepstakes Winners - AARP Online Community

😎   Yes, the Monthly Sweepstakes are legitimate and people do win prizes.

Regular Contributor

As per my earlier reply below - still cannot redeem after MANY attempts today

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

I've tried to enter numerous times, cleared my browser, restarted my browser and, still nothing works.  I continue to receive an error message, so I've decided to give it a rest & try again tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Oh, I forgot to mention, that I also tried signing out, clearing the browser, then signing in again. Still no luck.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Sorry you’re having so much trouble entering the sweepstakes! Have you tried contacting customer service directly?   Good luck!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Cannot even submit entry today - keep getting error message.....

Contributor

Same thing with me. It seems to have totally disappeared off the website and I’ve tried logging off on all my devices, going back to the original email and clicking on the embedded link there and all to no avail. I just land on the sweeps & instant wins page and it’s not on there at all.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Am having the same problem. Even turned off my adblock for the site but no link to the $2000 sweeps to be found. I am guessing a technical error and should get fixed soon.

Contributor

Boy, am I glad I looked here because I haven't seen it at all on Thurs. 1/4/24 and i

t's after midnight on 1/5/24 and it's still not available.

Regular Contributor

Still nothing but error message when you try to redeem reward points......

Regular Contributor

I tried entering again today; however, I'm still receiving the same error message.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP