On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

fg8346

Joined AARP in Feburary 2016 (current age 50), been reading articles & info from newsletter....getting a gauge on where I am and where I want to go....but need to more insight to begin the process of leaving my career and entering into something new....still not quite sure where to begin...help!!

Comments
nyadrn

When I think back on being 50, I had just started a new job.  I had the natural concerns about how things would go, if I was making a good choice, etc.

I am still at that job some years later (in my sixties now) and have to say I have done really well, made new friends and improved my financial condition quite a bit working on that 401k.   I still enjoy what I do, the social aspect of working and the challenges that go with it.   My recent planning and preparation has been for retirement and I hope that goes as well as my employment change did : )

Life is a series of changes and the more that you think and plan about what you want to do and where you want to go the better you will deal with change.  It will happen anyway.  

Where are you in your planning? 

AARP Terms of Service