Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

cd4552695

My life thus far has been difficult with many challenges to face.  A loss of a wonderful, promising career due to husband wanting to move out of state, a long, messy divorce, the struggles of being a single Mom, and most recently, a battle with cancer, just to name a few!  The good news coming out of these setbacks is that I believe I have won the cancer battle, and have found that I have much strength through all this.  The bad news is that I need to re-enter the work force and I don't know what to do, especially given the fact that where I reside is not conducive to have a good, high paying employment market.  I am currently in Disability and I do need to let them know before I start the return but simply am at a loss of where to start.  If I don't get back to work, I'm afraid i won't have enough financial support to have the ability to pay my bills.  It's already a struggle.  At age 56 and out of work for almost 2 years I am very uncertain of what direction to go in, and how difficult it maybe due both to my age and my disability as well.  Any assistance I could receive would be most welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Comments
SIMPLEGAL

Your story proves you are strong and you will persevere.  Don't let your age/disability discourage you from pursuing a new job.  Show employers you have something positive to offer and they will be happy to hire you.  Good luck!

SMILE.jpg 

AARP Terms of Service