Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

cd4552695

My life thus far has been difficult with many challenges to face.  A loss of a wonderful, promising career due to husband wanting to move out of state, a long, messy divorce, the struggles of being a single Mom, and most recently, a battle with cancer, just to name a few!  The good news coming out of these setbacks is that I believe I have won the cancer battle, and have found that I have much strength through all this.  The bad news is that I need to re-enter the work force and I don't know what to do, especially given the fact that where I reside is not conducive to have a good, high paying employment market.  I am currently in Disability and I do need to let them know before I start the return but simply am at a loss of where to start.  If I don't get back to work, I'm afraid i won't have enough financial support to have the ability to pay my bills.  It's already a struggle.  At age 56 and out of work for almost 2 years I am very uncertain of what direction to go in, and how difficult it maybe due both to my age and my disability as well.  Any assistance I could receive would be most welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Comments
SIMPLEGAL

Your story proves you are strong and you will persevere.  Don't let your age/disability discourage you from pursuing a new job.  Show employers you have something positive to offer and they will be happy to hire you.  Good luck!

SMILE.jpg 

AARP Terms of Service