Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

mc45843445

I am a woman of 50 years..I started the next leg of my lifes journey by getting back to what I imagined my life was to be when I was 18, before my dream train was derailed by the unanticipated detours of life.

My children went out on their own and I felt completely lost. I felt as though they defined me as a person. What was I going to do? How was I going to continue with my life when they no longer needed me? Then it hit me, I was going to get back on track and do the things I was always passionate about. Live my life for myself, life after 50 was a great milestone to begin again.

I opened my own landscape design company and am getting down and dirty. I have discovered though that my body is not going to be able to keep up this pace and strain for an extended period of time so I am already planning to morph my business into growing and supplying plant material to retail customers and local landscapers.

I feel great about my choices and feel this path is brought me full circle and I feel aazing. I want to be a role model for my kids and peers, show them that you are NEVER to old to LIVE out your dreams!!! 

Comments
she718
That is so wonderful, that you've rediscovered what it is you've always wanted to be and do. I feel so happy for you. My situation is a little different. I married early (19 yrs old) had 3 children then divorced. So myself and my 3 were on our own since. I was a single Mom, RN cared and raised my children took care of my mother, and am now finding myself at a loss as to what do I do now? I am 55 yrs old soon to be 56; I have not been in a relationship by choice for 5 yrs now. I feel I spent my entire life taking care of people, and now that I've gotten older; I really don't know what I like or what I want to do! I'm on a quest to perhaps volunteer or join a women's group just to start getting out there and redefine myself..Any suggestions?
AARP Terms of Service