Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

To eat only wen I'm hungry and walk 3 miles a day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've lost and regained weight so many times ... I'd love to learn better ways to keep it off !

0 Kudos
Contributor

@hissyfit247wrote:

I've lost and regained weight so many times ... I'd love to learn better ways to keep it off !

That was me until I found a simple solution that requires less willpower so you get real results that are easy to maintain.  I got back down to my high school weight and have easily kept it off for 5 years now.  The trick is complete nutrition.  I just drink it in everyday - one plant with 92 nutrients.  So easy, healthy, and amazing!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to drink more water, but I don't get thirsty for water. I need to create a habit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@b234980rwrote:

I would like to drink more water, but I don't get thirsty for water. I need to create a habit.

Add a drop or 2 of lemon or lime clinical-grade essential oils.  It will naturally enhance the flavor and give you added health benefits.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Try HINT water.  It's delicious!

0 Kudos
Contributor

One habit that I would like to get rid of is procrastination.  I am forever putting things off because I'm afraid that I won't do them perfectly.  I am doing better than I did when I was younger, but still have a way to go.

Eat more fruit!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Sticking with am exercise & of course eating better along with drinking water.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@Sharydjwrote:

Sticking with am exercise & of course eating better along with drinking water.

I have a simple solution to help you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm trying to improve my diet by avoiding sugar substitutes and processed foods.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@dkgerardwrote:

I'm trying to improve my diet by avoiding sugar substitutes and processed foods.

Definitely cutting out artificial sugar (in fact, a lot of sugar), processed foods, sodas & juices will make a difference.  Whole food nutrition is best.  I get mine from a plant with 92 nutrients.

0 Kudos
Contributor

When my Fitbit says it’s time to get up and move and do an exercise, I will not ignore it

0 Kudos
Contributor

@nk2833wrote:

When my Fitbit says it’s time to get up and move and do an exercise, I will not ignore it

Need some all natural energy that will make you want to move?

0 Kudos

I d like to incorporate bible reading and prayer into each day

I would like to give up drinking Mountain Dew!

0 Kudos
Contributor

@rkrushwrote:

I would like to give up drinking Mountain Dew!

I have a friend who stopped drinking Mountain Dew when he started drinking a plant.  There's so much nutrition that satisfied him in the plant that he didn't want the Mountain Dew!

0 Kudos
Contributor

To be healthier for the ones I love by adopting a heathy lifestyle of eating and exercising.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@traceym804016wrote:

To be healthier for the ones I love by adopting a heathy lifestyle of eating and exercising.

Yes, do it for the ones who love you!  I help lots of people and I can show you how, too.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd like a combination of increased exercise and meditation.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I should stop eating potato chips and pretzels as snacks and substitute celery and carrot sticks for them.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@bragginwrote:

I should stop eating potato chips and pretzels as snacks and substitute celery and carrot sticks for them.

I had my kids start drinking a nutritious whole food plant product everyday and they started coming home from school and getting carrots for a snack instead of chips, crackers and pretzels....without me saying a word!!  I was shocked!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Need to exercise on a regular schedule 

0 Kudos

I would like to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. I tend to be a night owl and stay up until 1:30am, becoming chronically sleep deprived when I get up at 7am. If I could go to bed by 11pm, I would be a lot better off health-wise!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would like to form the habit of being grateful and being at peace.

I would love to form a habit of dealing with paper piles, daily. Deciding what to toss, what to keep and where to put it!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am planning to give some disadvantaged people a chance to Tour my State of New Hampshire. Two years ago, I was able to give a Tour to a blind person with great success. It is my hope that I will be able to give other disadvantaged individuals to learn more about our beautiful State of New Hampshire.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd love to take some water exercise classes near me. 

I would also like to buy a bicycle.

0 Kudos

I'd like to eat healthier, mostly reducing sweets and simple carbs.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to have the energy ride bikes with my husband.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png