Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: "Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

Message 851 of 1,135

Even though I was a little girl many decades ago, I retain the magic and delight I experienced when the first story sparkled from my imagination to end up as a scrawl on that wide-lined notebook paper. To this day, I savor the expressions from the great (and good) writers of today, whether it's fiction, poetry, plays, non-fiction, journalism and op-eds.  I continuously pick up ideas and phrasings from the masters of our day, and file them away in my brain's internal office's in-box.  That compilation is for the life-long wish I hope to embrace: 

to someday retire with enough in the coffers to fully pursue my writing. 

My never-ending dream requires a change in my career.  All my life, I have been ruled by the reality of needing a paycheck (and benefits) while raising and tending to my family.  I am finally at an age and time in my life when I see the enticing possibility of pursuing my writing dream.  It will take careful financial planning, living on a frugal budget, and dedicating a certain number of hours a day to crafting my words and phrases.  I am self-motivated and ready to develop the daily writing habit.  And I am eager to let the stories loose!

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 852 of 1,135

There are a lot of habits is like too start/break

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 853 of 1,135

Stop complaining

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 854 of 1,135

I would love to make time daily for writing creatively.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 855 of 1,135

I’d really like to STAY on task, ie:  walk at least 30 min a day!  I’ve hated excercise since grade school! Anything that is a must, I seem to rebel!  Childish really!  Yep, walk, walk, walk!  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 856 of 1,135

I'd like to become more mindful of what I do like remembering to breathe deeply to relax and eat only when I'm hungry.  Too often my shoulders are taut from stress and I do too much comfort eating instead of healthier ways to relax.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 857 of 1,135

A habit I would like to break is too much time and money spent watching QVC.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 858 of 1,135

I would love to be more organized. I keep plugging away at it but it's not a natural talent. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 859 of 1,135

Make portion control an important part of each meal.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 860 of 1,135

I would like to restart doing tai chi "for old people" that my library offered last summer.  It is modified to enhance balance and tailored to older persons.

Kudos
Views