Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

I would like to become more active, exercise more, sit less.

0 Kudos

To end my love affair with chocolate, and to exercise consistently!

0 Kudos
Contributor

@Kamarstarwrote:

To end my love affair with chocolate, and to exercise consistently!

HaHa!  I drink a plant based nutrition product that helps me with both.  Although I still enjoy chocolate, it's no longer an obsession and a little bit satisfies me. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

A habit I have fallen out of, and would like to resume, is creating a "to-do" list each week. This helps me see at a glance when I have room in my days to actually schedule things like exercise class or a massage. I'm much more likely to follow through when it's scheduled for me there in black and white, and not just a vague idea anymore!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Im starting a program at they

Y including tai chi n yoga

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to create a daily habit

which I could follow and stick to my exercise and meal plan regiment consistently.

0 Kudos

A spa getaway is the best thing EVER!!!!

0 Kudos

Floss every day. At least once!

0 Kudos

A decrease in bread consumption! Less wheat all around...I love it but, that wheat weight has got to go!

0 Kudos

It is important for me to have goals each day, and to review them each day. That way, I am able to see progress in my life. Or see that I am not following through with doing what it takes to reach those goals. It’s about accountability. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

After Ash Wed service last night, I put on my heart to not 'give up something',  but I wrote down a goal and that is 'intentional exercise' for the next 40 days (and I pray for going beyond 40 days!).  Like many have responded, it is just getting up and moving (hmm?!?).  So I'm telling myself (+ I encourage others) - don't beat yourself up because you arent exercising 30 mins every day!   Baby steps, literally taking steps , walking, stairway, walk with weights (milk jug or can from the pantry!) and start w/ 10 mins --  as you look at things in your home, what can you do for bending? stretching?  weights?  move your arms and legs.   On TV commercials - tell yourself to get up out of the chair and "move".  Each minute counts towards your goal.    Ok, now I just have to"DO IT" -- you can do it too!      

0 Kudos
Contributor

I need to be more serious about getting in shape, I want to be more active and just need to focus.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@reiterdmwrote:

I need to be more serious about getting in shape, I want to be more active and just need to focus.  

I can help you with that!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to save more money each month.
0 Kudos
Contributor

@eh4766wrote:
I would love to save more money each month.

How about making some extra money by helping people?  I can show you what I do if you're open to looking.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to get back to a regular exercise program. It's been a rough winter and getting outside is what motivates me best.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I want to get outside every day to soak up some of that energy.

0 Kudos
Contributor

volunteering & out in nature more

0 Kudos
Contributor

Quit smoking 

Contributor

@JaneBaizewrote:

Quit smoking 

Good for you!  I have a recipe for "Quit Sticks" using clinical-grade essential oils.  You put an infused toothpick in your mouth when you feel the craving to smoke.  It will help you kick this unhealthy habit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

It can be done but its hard. I did it and am so glad I did. Good luck to you!

0 Kudos

I would like to start walking at least 5 days a week.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to sustain a meditation practice

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I find it hard to just get started.  Money is very tight right now, so joining a gym is out of the question.  I decided to use my lenten obligation to help me get started.  My promise to God will give me the motivation I need

I would love to spend more time hiking and less time in front of  the TV.

Contributor

The one habit I would like/love to adopt is getting up off my duff every hour and take the three minute walk around the floor my office is on. I'm here five days a week from 8 to 5:30 most times until 6. That adds p to 27 or 30 minutes. WALKING!

I was doing yoga 2 days a week and disrupted it by moving.  Haven't gotten back into it yet due to living  

space but hope to be able to resume within a month.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Mindful meditating 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Focusing more on my health in the form of exercise is is so important.  Walking is very enjoyable and relaxing to me, and yoga gives me physical and mental strength.  It's much easier to feel good when these 2 rituals are practiced.  WALKING and YOGA, here I come.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to stop biting my nails.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png