Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

@daughterofpearlwrote:

I would like to learn to priortize healthy eating habits and minimize instant gratification.

I had the same problem, then found a simple way to overcome this.  I started consuming an extremely nutrient dense plant and I wasn't always feeling hungry.  It allowed me to take the time to prepare something healthy, rather than grabbing what was quick & easy.  I quickly & easily lost 20 pounds!

0 Kudos
Contributor

would love to start walking again everyday and change my eating habits

0 Kudos

Continue with going to the gym everyday and maintaining my 45 pound weight loss!
Trying to get rid of "need/want" of sweets!
0 Kudos
Contributor

@SandyL684052wrote:
Continue with going to the gym everyday and maintaining my 45 pound weight loss!
Trying to get rid of "need/want" of sweets!

Complete nutrition will get rid of the sweet cravings and easily maintain your weight loss.  I got down to my high school weight and have easily kept if off for 5 years now.  I just drink the most nutrient plant ever discovered everyday!

0 Kudos

Working out more.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to get back to a regular exercise regimen.  A little aerobics, a little strength training, a little coordination training, a little stretching.   A lot of de-stressing!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

less worrying and more exercising my faith and trust in God.

Contributor

Love it! Me too!
0 Kudos

I am 52 and would like to be able to do the Chicago Marathon.  Lofty goal but worth doing for me and my family to stay healthy. 

Contributor

I need to stop eating compulsively.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@e450232gwrote:

I need to stop eating compulsively.

I can help you with that!  I found the secret!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Definitely need to get up and MOVE more each day. Sitting at a desk 8+ hours is not good. 

0 Kudos

I would love to change my eating habits to a healthier way of living and exercise more.

0 Kudos
Contributor

better time management. 

0 Kudos

I would love to eat heathlier and say no to sweets easier!!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

@p591118bwrote:

I would love to eat heathlier and say no to sweets easier!!!!

That used to be me, but I found the secret!!  Now I'm down to my high school weight and look & feel much younger!

0 Kudos

I would like to learn to eat healthy 

0 Kudos
Contributor

@fa8481wrote:

I would like to learn to eat healthy 

That's a great goal!  I can help you with that!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to know how to get out of a "funk" and go to the gym!  I'm paying for a membership and haven't used it in three months :-(. Just can't seem to get moving.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@dunn20wrote:

I would like to know how to get out of a "funk" and go to the gym!  I'm paying for a membership and haven't used it in three months :-(. Just can't seem to get moving.

Do you want to know about an all natural energy product?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to mediate more often to help my spiritual side to heal from my recent loss.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I need to get into the habit of watching TV from the treadmill instead of the chair.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Excellent idea.  When you find out how please let me know.  🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

The one habit I would like to get rid of is worrying about furthur things that I may or may not happen.  I need to adopt the habit of mindfulness.  That is I need to live one day at a time.

0 Kudos

I would love to find a way to retire.

Contributor

@mn17375529wrote:

I would love to find a way to retire.

If you're open to hearing about how I'm retiring my husband, I'm glad to share to see if it's something for you, too.

0 Kudos

I would like to quit slouching.  I try to remember to sit up straight but always revert to slouching..sucks.

0 Kudos

I would like to get back into Tai Chi.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Wasting time. 

0 Kudos

I plan to commit to daily exercise in order to benefit body & mind. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png