Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Periodic Contributor

last year, I used to schedule a massage every month from the Student Clinics at a local Therapy School. December through Feb have been so busy with Holidays and family events that I've missed doing this. Need to resume the habit. Thanks for the reminder, AARP! #goodhabits

0 Kudos
Contributor

I need to dial down my intake of sugar because I know that it aids in inflamation and also aging skin. I don't need either!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

@pmacewenwrote:

I need to dial down my intake of sugar because I know that it aids in inflamation and also aging skin. I don't need either!!

I can help you with that!  I found a plant product that cut my sugar cravings and allowed me to look better, feel younger and have more energy and pain relief!  I aged backwards!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to quit the Diet Soda habit. I heard it ruins the digestion.  Bring on the healthy water.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I know an all natural drink that has helped by friend kick the soda and diet soda habit.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to get in the habit of walking for exercise more.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to resume doing something musical each day (singing, playing guitar, song writing, rehearsing, public performance, attending shows/concerts, joining another choir, learning a new instrument, etc.)

Contributor

@sw59699544wrote:

I would like to resume doing something musical each day (singing, playing guitar, song writing, rehearsing, public performance, attending shows/concerts, joining another choir, learning a new instrument, etc.)

That's wonderful!  You should definitely do that!  It will keep your brain functioning better too!

0 Kudos

I would like to begin walking and doing some weight-bearing exercises at my local gym to gain strength, lose weight, keep my diabetes under control, and to feel better about myself.

Contributor

@rachelh249789wrote:

I would like to begin walking and doing some weight-bearing exercises at my local gym to gain strength, lose weight, keep my diabetes under control, and to feel better about myself.

I know a plant that can help you lose weight and normalize your blood glucose!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I want to start walking everyday! I have 2 dogs that would also benefit from walking everyday! It will help with my vitality and strength building.
0 Kudos

I would like to learn how to play Pickleball

0 Kudos

I want to lose 50 lbs and get off all my meds!!! Woman LOL

0 Kudos
Contributor

@cindyb933011wrote:

I want to lose 50 lbs and get off all my meds!!! Woman LOL

That's what I help people do!  I'd love to help you!!

0 Kudos

I would like to excersice and do yoga and dance more.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to start something and continue with it. I start a diet for a few weeks, then I stop. I start a daily exercise routine or water aerobic, then I stop. I get involved in an activity and I lose momentum or interest.  I would like to stay on track--start something that benefits me and see it to completion or until I complete my goal.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@bb60454665wrote:

I want to start something and continue with it. I start a diet for a few weeks, then I stop. I start a daily exercise routine or water aerobic, then I stop. I get involved in an activity and I lose momentum or interest.  I would like to stay on track--start something that benefits me and see it to completion or until I complete my goal.

I used to be the same way.  Then a friend shared a simple solution with me that requires less willpower so that results can easily and quickly be attained.  Now, I love helping others do the same because good health, feeling better and looking younger don't have to be a struggle!!

0 Kudos

I would like to try the Paleo diet to correct my gut balance and improve my energy.  Gluten free and dairy free and hopefully some good advise and recipes.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Like most, I would love to get more exercise - I really want to start swimming a couple of times per week, but I need to find an affordable place with an indoor pool.

0 Kudos

Yoga/meditation practice for better acceptance of the challenges of aging.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@SarahA265633wrote:

Yoga/meditation practice for better acceptance of the challenges of aging.

I found that my "challenges of aging" reversed when I gave my body complete nutrition from a single plant source.  Amazing!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Would love to restart yoga but think Tai Chi would be a better fit now.  Movement without pain.  But would also like to get out and enjoy nature more, feel the breeze on my face, smell the earth again.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@irontorcwrote:

Would love to restart yoga but think Tai Chi would be a better fit now.  Movement without pain.  But would also like to get out and enjoy nature more, feel the breeze on my face, smell the earth again.  

I have a plant solution for pain.  It has 36 naturally occurring anti-inflammatories!!  My hip & back pain went away.  I take no meds for the arthritis in my wrist.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to set aside one afternoon each week to visit my older relatives and friends.

Continue chair yoga class to improve core strength, flexibility and balance

0 Kudos
Contributor

Quit Smoking - I love smoking because it is my excuse for everything from not exercising to removing myself from a situation I don't want to be in. I hate the bad health/death effects for myself & those around me, the smell it attaches to my hair, breath, hands, clothing, environment & body.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@pi1179wrote:

Quit Smoking - I love smoking because it is my excuse for everything from not exercising to removing myself from a situation I don't want to be in. I hate the bad health/death effects for myself & those around me, the smell it attaches to my hair, breath, hands, clothing, environment & body.

I have a recipe for "Quit Sticks" using clinical-grade essential oils.  You put one of these infused toothpicks in your mouth when you feel the urge to smoke.  It will help you kick this unhealthy habit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

just received the book but interested in reading chapter 2 all roads lead to Fitness I've been slacking in my exercise routine and would like to get back into a better one one that I would be able to stick to and make a routine

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to learn to priortize healthy eating habits and minimize instant gratification.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png