Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

I'd love to start an exercise regimen (and stick to it).

I would like to get rid of the habit of eating salty and sugary food. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to keep a regular regimen of taking a walk every day and not just sporadically.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to come closer to God, for a longer happy life.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to create a schedule for myself that I follow for 3-4 times a week. 

Its important after you retire to set up some kind of routine schedule, otherwise you get lazy and eventually this could lead to both physical and emotional issues. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to have a better understanding of my disease and ways I can "contain it" holistically.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to make myself a priority - schedule time for me!! Yoga, strength training, swimming, skiing, horseback riding! Also incorporate brain exercises. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to be more active in the winter, but Montana winters are harsh. Since I cannot ski any more, I am only able to use my stationary bicycle, but I do miss walking outside. I do read more during the winter, & my spinning wheel is used daily instead of weekly. I am thankful for the winter for many things but miss the great outdoors.

0 Kudos

I'd like to integrate meditation into my daily habits.

0 Kudos

I would like to get more sleep.  I need to shut down my electronics and go to bed earlier and not touch my electronics untill the morning.  I tend to check my phone if I wake up during the night which makes it more difficult for me to go back to sleep.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to make exercise a habit and enjoy it.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want a healthier lifestyle. Changing eating habits and more exercising.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to break of my late night snacking.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I would like to read more widely.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

i would like to drink enough water each day.  I forget.  Ill make a chart then forget to read it.

0 Kudos

I'm going to increase my exercise time, particularly its regularity, wherever I am.

AND 

I'm going to decrease my excuses to not do something beneficial.

AND

I'm going to travel more.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am building a 3x a week workout habit and I'm breaking a 3x a week fast food habit. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm ready to get back to walking after work...can't wait for the time change so that there is still daylight.  Walking always makes me feel better and sleep better, too!

0 Kudos

My worst habit that I'd like to get rid of is my love of carbs, especially potato chips!!  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to exercise more consistently. It would help me feel and look better. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to start exercising more consistently. I think it would make a big difference in trying to feel and look better. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to feel younger by sticking to an exercise routine and eating healthier.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'd love to loose 15 lbs and get back in good shape.  Kinda got out of shape the past 3 yrs and need to get it back!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My bucket list has always contained learning to swim. Well, now that I an retired, I finally took lessons and have mastered the basic strokes. Now I need to build the stamina to do enough laps to get myself in shape. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would love to take long fast walks early in the mornings and watch the sun rise.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A habit I would like to get rid of is taking care of others before I take care of myself  I really need to work harder at that

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to be able to do 2 things: find an exercise regime that I can do every day (I have Fibromyalgia) and to be able to stop eating ice, which I can’t seem to ever have enough of!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

A habit I would like to adopt is getting more steps and exercise into my day. I find myself sitting too much partially due to a sedentary job. Woman Happy

0 Kudos
Contributor

GET MOTIVATED TO GET TO THE POOL MORE DAYS A WEEK.

0 Kudos

I would like to create the habit of getting 8 hours of sleep every night.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Remember playing for hours at the local arcade? Now, play your favorite Atari games like Pong, Centipede, Breakout, Missile Command & Asteroids on AARP Games. Play Now.

AARP Games Atari

AARP Games

Atari's Asteroids is here! Grab the controls, destroy asteroids and watch out for counter fire in this classic arcade game.

Game on!
AARP Games Atari Asteroids
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg