Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

I need to find a method to go to bed at night & getting up in the morning at a decent time! All my life I woke up at 6AM & prepared for my day at work, but just retired a couple weeks ago & I am having a hard time doing either! Any suggestions are appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

would like to continue my education
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd love to go back to school and get a degree

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to be able to go on walks with my husband. Both knees need replaced first. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to stick with foods that are from the earth. If I can’t pronounce all the ingredients, don’t eat it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well, I'd like to say that I want to exercise more, but I don't want to lie! However, I do want to start walking with my daughters! With work and school, this would give us a chance to spend some time together, and a healthy activity!

0 Kudos

I have a very bad habit I need to get rid of. When I see something I'd like to do I always think I am to old. I thought that about a job I wanted recently and applied for one a step under it. I got the job and started watching the people doing the other job and realized I could do the higher paying job as good if not better than a lot off the younger people I work with. I really need to try things instead of letting my age stop me. 

0 Kudos

I want to remember to have a smile on my face when I pass by strangers, and practice making eye contact when I'm speaking to others.

0 Kudos
Contributor

GREAT!!!!
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Quit Smoking

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to get healthier and quit smoking.Spend every free moment with my kids and grandchildren 💕

0 Kudos
Contributor

I expand in abundance, success and love every day and I inspire others to do the same.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Take up boxing for exercise. Do more outdoor activities

0 Kudos

Like many, I would like to get consistent with my weekly workout. Increase my output and decrease my input would be super too. 

0 Kudos

better sleeping habits and get motivated on my days off from work

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to stop going to happyhours, walk more & declutter my condo!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Find more time for myself and relief for shoulder, neck & back pain.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to sit down  in the middle of the day to read a book and not feel guilty about it. I'm constantly thinking about what I should be doing instead and I can't enjoy myself.  When I do go to bed at night and try to read, I make it through a couple of chapters before I fall asleep.  I have "me" time for many things, but reading isn't one of them.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to continue all the healthy things I already do from an exercise and eating healthy perspective. The thing I would like to change is my solitary nature - I would like to seek out more friendships with women as that would benefit me by making me more social as I continue on the aging path.

0 Kudos

I would love to improve my time management skills, in every area of my life.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love  to get to the gym twice a week on a regular basis.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to develop the habits of meditation and limiting my social media and email screen time to one or two hours per day. I believe meditation can improve and maintain my physical, emotional, and mental well-being, as can minimizing the time spent on the internet.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get  back to better eating, take up boxing for exercise. Go on more outdoor activities, find people with same interests

0 Kudos

Dessert after dinner should be an exception.

0 Kudos

I would like to try meditation more and some yoga

0 Kudos

I want to exercise 4x week even if it's only for 20 minutes. My health and mobility are worth it. 

0 Kudos

I would like to stop eating when im full

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to increase my daily water consumption 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to increase my daily water consumption!

0 Kudos

I would love to excercise with some regularity and meditate.

0 Kudos