Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

I would like to get better sleep and more exercise.  But to enjoy every day more than I am now would be the most important.

0 Kudos

Healthier eating and more exercise.  Maybe a 5K one day!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Less sugar in my diet!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to resist the sweet or crunch snacks.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to learn NOT to be on a schedule!!  Hard to loose that habit after being in school and working my whole life!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I believe the best (and probably the most painful) is to go "cold turkey". I've heard it takes about seven days to develop a habit, so I would think between seven to 10 days without sweets or crunch snacks should do it. I do know that popcorn is a healthy snack (if you don't add butter, and not too much salt!). Furthermore on crunch, if you can control yourself, you could eat 1/3 cup of walnuts. They are good for your heart, and will run about 220 calories. Plus, they satisfy your appetite. Good Luck!
0 Kudos

I would like to select and prepare healthy food options to aid in weight loss and a healthier body.
Periodic Contributor

Me too

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Want to eat healthier and exercise more.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Eat healthier. Eat more whole foods and less processed.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to be more consistent in exercise or yoga. I have a nice basement setup with everything from a total gym, balance balls, videos, music and resistance bands. I just can’t get the enthusiasm to get going. I may start to do a daily program for a week, then something breaks that pattern and it’s hard to get it back.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to commit to attending at least 2 yoga sessions and 2 weight lifting classes a week. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd like to stick to a regular regimen of jogging at least 10 miles a week by hook or by crook.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to think more positively

0 Kudos

I would like to learn Yoga and take better care of my skin. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Winter is so hard to keep up dieting and exercize - I will start again to drink more water, try to do some exercizing every day (stairs, walking, stretching) - and each day is one more closer to Spring and Summer with warmer weather!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to eat clean 6 days a week.

0 Kudos

I would love to start a new moring routine with meditation and yoga.  I think once I get started it could become a morning habit and a very grounded way to start my day!  Right now my day is started with a rush to the coffee pot and then the shower and into rush hour traffic.  By starting the day with a more relaxed attitude and peace of mind - my days would be relatively stressfree - leaving me more in tune with those I am surrounded by.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would stop eating my feelings and instead, express them, deal with them and embrace them.

0 Kudos

I’d like to stop eating so much junk food snacks and eat healthier snacks 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to start yoga and become more active.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I quit smoking 55 days ago and would like to stay a non-smoker as well as do more to enhance my health/life.

0 Kudos

I bought the book and now I'm inspired to start doing seminars for women.  Thank you!

0 Kudos

Learn to accept that age is just a number and develop the mindset that I can do anything.  I want to keep on 'being'.

0 Kudos

I would like to walk every day I don't work out at the gym, as long as weather permits.

0 Kudos

To walk 2 miles every morning.  This would improve my health.

0 Kudos

Dis-enroll in Facebook and Twitter.

Hear me out.

For me anyway, these social media worlds worsen my dispair that civil discourse still exists (Twitter), and inflame my tendency to engage in FOMO (fear of missing out) and tendancy in general to compare my life to others' and find it--and myself--lacking. (Facebook) 

The healthier habit I'd like to engage is connecting one-on-one (yes, in many cases it will be thru emails, texts, and instant messaging) with those I care about. The idea is to focus more on my own life than that of others. As a new empty nester aged 57, I feel I am still discovering who I am and what I life. Less healthy habits may be a reflection of my dissatisfaction and feeling of lack. 

0 Kudos

I would walk at least 30 minutes a day. I used to do it with a friend, but our schedules changed and I got too busy with other stuff. I need to take time for me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I think more time in the garden would be great for me and for my home.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I need to take time for myself.  I work five days a week and usually work more  than a eight hour shift.  I am going full speed from the time I work through  the office door.

My mind and body needs time to shut off so that my mind and body can just dream .

0 Kudos