Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

"It sometimes happens that a woman is handsome at twenty-nine than she was ten years before."

- Jane Austen

Her words may come from her classic novel, "Persuasion," back in the 1800's. But her underlying message rings true today in the 21st Century. Maybe more so. She knew that it wasn't about being the youngest girl at the ball. Exude the qualities of your older self and run with them. Offer your perspective, experienced voice and stand proud! 

As a result, I would like to incorporate her zest and timeless advice into my middle aged years. I would like to espouse more self confidence and not worry what my millennial and younger co-workers think of me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

“It sometimes happens that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before.” - Jane Austen

I think Jane put is best . . . back in the 1800's. But her words of wisdom are still relevant today. Maybe more so. Jane knew it wasn't about being the youngest girl at the ball.

As a result, I would like to apply her timeless advice to my middle-aged years and start loving and embracing my older self. I will stop comparing myself to millennials and younger co-workers!

0 Kudos

1. Not always be in such a hurry

2. 30+ minutes of active exercise daily - walking the dog, going for a run, yoga/stretching

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd Love to be able to adopt new techniques for Relaxation!  I wish I could afford monthly massages so I wouldnt feel so tense all the time.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to take action with my desire to work out.  I want to do it but I never feel motivated to work out for any legnth of time or go for walks. 

0 Kudos

practice Tai Chi more often

eat fewers sweets

stretch every morning

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to get rid of the bad habit of staying up late and get more sleep.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to get into the habit of doing my most demanding tasks early in the day and not put them off until later, when I might not feel like it. This is a habit I find hard to break.
0 Kudos
Contributor

With a total hip replacement coming up in June, my plan is to get as strong as possible beforehand. This is a little challenging, as I just completed my last dose of chemotherapy for colon cancer. By next Fall, I'll be at my best!

0 Kudos

I would like to gracefully accept my "laugh" lines and see them as evidence of a life well lived.

0 Kudos

I would like to be more consistent in an exercise routine on a daily basis.  I am a walker but inconsistent in the time I spend walking (days and how long).  It seems some days I'm too worn out to get it in and others I have too much to do to work it in. I frustrate myself!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I had an operation recently and have not been able to exercise much. Now that I am almost fully recovered, though, I want to start running on a daily or semi-daily basis to build my strength back up.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to exercise and go to sleep early. I would like to exercise to lose weight and better my health. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am trying to break the soda habbit.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Find a healthy new hobby for myself and family to do together 

0 Kudos

Have health challenges and want to stop focusing on that and how I can be better and feel better...making the most of that life that I have which is a blessing...  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to start exercising regularly.

0 Kudos

Set aside time every day for meditation and exercise!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I just completed my final round of chemo for colon cancer! I look forward to my energy returning so I can get back to the gym, gardening this spring, going out with my husband, and so much more!

0 Kudos

I would love to purify my body with healthly eating habits.

0 Kudos

I am trying to make time for myself in ways that I can feel better about myself.  Enrolling in aquasize at the local YMCA and using the machines as in treadmill and others.

0 Kudos

Exercise more

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to stop worrying about tomorrow and how things will work out.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Would love to eat in the kitchen or dining room instead of in front of the TV and have an un-interrupted conversation.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to practice daily meditation.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to start going back to the gym.  I have a membership but I rarely go.  It's easier to walk in the neighborhood, but weather conditions do not always allow. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd like to adopt a habit of eating more fiber in my diet, more salads, more fruits, more single veggies like carrot and celery sticks, etc. to improve digestion.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to stick to drinking more water and getting more sleep.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to rededicate my commitment to stength training at the gym.  I am at least exercising regularly on the bike and eliptical.   

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd like to find more time for yoga.

0 Kudos