Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

eat less junky food
0 Kudos

Quitting smoking for good. Have quit and restarted numerous times.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd love to grab a bottle of water instead of a can of soft drink when I get thirsty.

0 Kudos

My hands are so dry no matter what I put on them that they get cracks around my nails. They split open and catch on things. This gets me picking at them until they are sore and bleeding. I wish I could cure my hands of painful dryness and make myself stop doing this! I can’t wear bandaids every day!

0 Kudos
Contributor

reduce amount of sugar in my diet!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I will be darned if I can figure out how to post a message here.
0 Kudos

I’d like to eat healthier and eliminate sweets. 

0 Kudos

I would love to be able to talk to my husband more about menopause and how it's changed me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Going back to the gym regularly. I've gotten back to walking about 2mi/day but want and need to do more.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Eat more veggies, and keep moving!

0 Kudos

I just would love for 1 year to go by without something medically going wrong with me. I feel like I am waiting to see what will happen next. Old age sure is not what I had plans for.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to walk more.  So would my dog!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would really like to become committed to my yoga practice and when I'm in class shut down my mind instead of making lists in it of all the things I still need to get done that day/evening! Smiley Frustrated

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Sleeping is a struggle for me. I aim to keep a regular bedtime/wake time. 

0 Kudos

I would like to learn how to relax and take out time for myself. I wish my body didn't control me but I can control it. I miss going to the gym but restricted due to aches and pains in hip/knees.

0 Kudos
Contributor

For me I already walk alot, so I am looking forward to maintaining a healthier diet, and drinking more water to benefit my skin and hair.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been trying to make the shift from less healthy eating to healthier eating to support a healthier lifestyle and to improve overall health as I continue to age.  I have not always found it easy to sustain, but whenever I find myself 'cheating,' I just try to get back on track and keep going!

0 Kudos

Meditation and journaling!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Need to eat more protein.....the good kind!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'd like to find a healthy filling snack

0 Kudos
Contributor

My advice is to eat small portions of more protein and less carbohydrates to keep your weight down - exercise is just a bonus

0 Kudos
Contributor

Better way to exercise 

0 Kudos
Contributor

To eat much more fruits & veggies, and continue to be "cancer free"Heart

Patricia Arsenault
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to start exercising several deys a week, either walking or other exercise. i feel also if I exercised regularly I would eat better for myself & my husband! We have 2 beautiful grandkids that we need to stay healthy for!!

0 Kudos

Moderation is the key. We can do anthing no matter our age is...live life to the fullest but safely too.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Walk more!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Taking care of Myself instead of ALWAYS taking care of others first.....

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to become more organized both at home and work 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to stop snacking!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Stop late night eating.
0 Kudos