Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

More sleep, lose weight, & have fun
0 Kudos
Contributor

@nailteck2wrote:
More sleep, lose weight, & have fun

Wow!  I have something that will give you all 3!!  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Would like to stop being so stressed and exhausted.

0 Kudos
Contributor

walk for one hour per day

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

SMOKING !

0 Kudos

I would like to cut sweets out of my diet or at the very least drastically reduce the amount of sugar in my diet to be a better role model to my 11-year old daughter!

0 Kudos

I would like to have the willpower to cut sweets out of my diet or at the very least drastically reduce the amount of sugar in my diet to be a better role model to my 11-year old daughter!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to stop feeling nervous (get rid of my anxiety for good) and start meditating daily. Also start doing yoga 2X per week.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to stop eating!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've decided to abolish. procrastination. It will no longer be my default decision when things are challenging.

0 Kudos
Contributor

procrastination
0 Kudos
Contributor

I truly wish I could stick to a healthy diet!
0 Kudos

I would like to quit worrying

0 Kudos
Contributor

i started exercising and eating better and less and just doing better choices for me
0 Kudos
Contributor

Exercise more
0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to get up earlier every day and walk my dog.

0 Kudos

I would like to get more sleep

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to exercise 3 to 4 days a week no excuse. I watch T.V. alot so I do not have to give it up as I have a Thread mill right in front of it. I can do at lease 1 hr on my off days & 30 minutes on days I work 12 hrs. I can walk a mile in 20 minutes .With enough practice I am sure after 1 month I get do 3 miles on my days odd in 1 hr 4 minutes. I work 3 days so that is 4 days off 12 miles a week plus that 30 minues off day. I am cutting cabs not completely but 50 -70or less a day.until & loose wt. When spring come make it more exciting walk with friend co-workers 2 hrs, walk parks, lakes with Ipod listen to music I love to clear my head. Here goes...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to get more outside exercise and play time.  I love it once I get out there, but I continually have trouble making it a top priority.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm 65 and the sole caretaker 24/7 for my mother.  She is 93, wonderful  & has alzheimers. I used to walk 3+ days a week and felt great.  I can no longer leave her alone and have not been able to get the excercise. I pay for someone to come into the home for a few hours on one afternoon & take her to a center for care for1 day a week.  During that time, I need to do all the shopping & necessary errands. I've tried excercise, yoga, etc at home, but never manage to relax & get any benefit from it. This might be the key for me to kickstart a program that I can keep up.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am always starting and stopping exercise routines. I would really really really like to start and maintain a healthy, effective, satisfying routine.  

Contributor

After retiring and joining Silver Sneakers I go to my local recreation center 3-5 times a week and work out.  Not your standard workout, but fun classes with  our retirees. Zumba  and essentrics and yoga.

Finally I have a regular routine.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Would like to change sleeping habits and continue with yoga and meditation.

0 Kudos

I would like to have better eating habits.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Our local rec center offers the Silver Sneakers yoga which I really enjoy once a week.  I take the basic Silver Sneakers another day of the week.  I find that it keeps me more mobile and flexible and I enjoy the group dynamics.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been told several times over the years that I look several years younger than my actual age. Now that i will be turning 52 this year I am staeting a new exercise routine and altering my eating habits so i feal as young as I look. I cannot wait to feel better.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to adopt the habit of simplifying things in my house, for example by giving away items I no longer use or need, organizing closets, etc.

Contributor

I also want to simplify and donate things I no longer need or use 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd love to be able to take more time for myself and the opportunity to make my good health a priority!

I would like to manage my time better to get more done.

0 Kudos