Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Stay off electronics from 7pm - bedtime daily.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Stop looking for something sweet after dinner.

0 Kudos

I want to loose 25 pounds!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Good for You!! But you have bitten off too big a chunk to work.  Start more slowly, like going to the gym two times a week, so you will feel successful. That makes it easier to stick with your new program.  Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Begin daily yoga program.

Periodic Contributor

I really enjoyed sitting outside and reading old newspapers this afternoon since the weather was nice and the sun was shining.

0 Kudos

I would like to improve my posture.  My back hurts frequently and start to slump.  I have been told that correcting my posture and standing up straight can help improve my overall health.  

AJ in Denver

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've already begun walking on my treadmill every day, and wearing a fitbit to encourage more exercise. Would like to get back into Yoga on a regular basis. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

A habit I would like to kick is keeping candy next to my bed. It's such a temptation late at night. Or maybe making myself do some exercises before having a piece. There has to be some balance.

0 Kudos
Contributor

@mb40696233wrote:

A habit I would like to kick is keeping candy next to my bed. It's such a temptation late at night. Or maybe making myself do some exercises before having a piece. There has to be some balance.

I started drinking a plant nutrition product and it took away my sugar cravings.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to develop better sleep habits in terms of bedtimes and duration of sleep.  That could really help with everything!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love be to be more self forgiving.  I beat myself up for so many things. Silly  most are in the past.  I want to just let go!!!

0 Kudos

Daily meditation and journaling!!
0 Kudos

I would love to cut out the sugar in my diet.  My head knows its lousy for me but my taste buds

just want more, more, more!  So, I'm giving up candy for lent and hope that jump starts a new habit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to begin walking on a regular basis

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yoga three times a week, and lying in a hammock the rest of the week,  mabe a quick trip to the ocean, some of the other days of the week!

0 Kudos

Would love to exercise more.

0 Kudos

I would like to be able to discipline myself enough to get more walking in and more meditation.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am going to become more involved in my community and try to make others know they are appreciated. To many people complain and sit, retirement is a time to share with others - volunteer, call to check on a friend, plant a garden, knit caps for the new born babies at the hospital nursery, learn something new or teach your talent to someone else - IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU CAN HELP A CHILD LEARN TO READ A GIFT THAT LASTS A LIFETIME. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I need to go to bed early and get up early.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I wish I had thought of this one, you're right. It's so easy to waste time at night when I'm a "little" sleepy, which leads to a wasted next.day. I want to get the most out of my retirement years, and need a little discipline to do that.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to stop procrastinating. I have so much on my mind sometimes like work, my husband, my daughter that I forget or won't do the things I need to do for myself. So I put it off and I don't do anything.
0 Kudos
Contributor

A habit I would like to start is to meditate daily.

I would like to incorporate strength training 3-4 times a week into my fitness goals.

0 Kudos

I would like to start eating better and lose about 25 pounds.

0 Kudos

I find meditation enormously helpful, but getting into a routine with it very difficult. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to do yoga every day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to learn how to meditate.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to incorporate yoga, meditation and mindfulness to my daily habits. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Drink more water, less coffee

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg