Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: "Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

Message 1011 of 1,135

I'm retired now and would like to get into walking daily. I have chemo-related peripheral neuropathy, which makes being on my feet any extended time very painful. Prescription drugs don't help. OTC remedies, supplements, and creams do not work. I'd love a day at a spa!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1012 of 1,135

I would like to cut back on sweets.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1013 of 1,135
It's important for you to be connected to a caregiver network for encouragement and support. These caregivers understand what you are going through! I'm sure AARP has a link for you to join a caregiver group. I am somewhat of a caregiver to my mother who suffers from COPD and beginning Alzheimer's. I know it can be tough and we can use all the support we can get! I hope you have someone to relieve your duties occasionally so you can get out and enjoy yourself and relax for awhile. No one really understands the physical and mental stress it takes to be a caregiver if they aren't one. Best of luck and God Bless!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1014 of 1,135

I would like to breath deeper at work and not hold my breath as often while being anxious about all the things I would like to get done at work that day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1015 of 1,135

I don't take time off from my two jobs and being the caregiver for my 89-year-old Mom.

I know that is not good for me. I have to figure out how to do that!

jackie

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 1016 of 1,135

The bad habit  I have is missing meals, 

Marge

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1017 of 1,135

A habit I'd like to take up again is making green smoothies for breakfast. I have to wait until I complete my LAST chemo treatment next week, as a side effect is a sensitivity to eating or touching anything cold. After that, I'm back on the good stuff!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1018 of 1,135

I would like to get back to exercising on a regular basis.  It is tough to do because I have arthritis.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1019 of 1,135

I just retired and my goal is to start walking five miles a day.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1020 of 1,135

I'm alone, in poor health including 24/7 pain. I do not have a car and feel land-locked because I cannot even leave my block, let alone get out of town. I've been through so much loss this last 2 years and could really use something to look forward to as well as a time of refreshment for my soul. I'm only 61 years old but my health makes me feel so much older. My mother looks younger than I do! My sister is also in the same approximate arrangement as myself. We have the same disease...but she has a car. Thankfully she drives all this way occasionally to take me to the doctors and other short errands.

I am being dragged down by health and poverty. It would be wonderful to feel special again. Its been a long time since my daughter moved out of state with my grandchildren. I used to have all the hugs I could handle. Now its been close to 2 years.

Blessings to all women who have applied for this giveaway.

Kudos
Views