Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Contributor

I would like to have a make over to update my newly 65 self!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have committed to walking and hiking, and I would like to walk more in the winter, even when the weather is not great. 

Contributor

Snack while watching TV. 

Periodic Contributor

I got a dog so I would get more exercise. I love her abd love walking her 2 to 3 times a day. Feel better since I started doing that.

0 Kudos
Contributor

At 72 and still working I know I would really like to update myself a bit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have gained 30 pounds since menopause! I plan to add 30-45 minutes of brisk walking and decrease my sugar and carbohydrate intake to decrease my risk for Diabetes.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I recently had bariatric surgery and the pounds are falling off, but I'm having a hard time committing to a daily, or even thrice weekly, exercise program. I've joined a gym, but getting out in the snow and the cold is a problem.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to get back on my exercise routine after several months away from home while my spouse receives cancer treatment.  Still working on the treatments, but hopefully will be home again soon.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have learned how to walk 10,000 steps a day re my heart condition and MS. I have changed my eating habits, but I want to eat in bed late at night. I got to stop!!!!

Contributor

Choose happiness & be grateful for all my blessings. 

0 Kudos

😊

0 Kudos
Contributor

Schedule phone time FaceTime or Skype with distant friends instead of my current hit or miss calls.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

There are several 😞 but returning to exercising after a long hiatus. Need to work up to treadmill/walking 3 days a week and free weights 2 days a week.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to make time for exercise every day!
0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to establish a daily yoga practice.  I go to class once a week; I want to take what I learn at the studio, and do it at home.  I'm challenged by time and inertia. . . but I feel so much better afterwards.  I think that I can carve out some time in the late evening to do this (I have commitments each evening after work, including tutoring a 10 year old in French.)  I am also challenged by where I can do my practice:  the only place with room enough to put down the mat in my 600 sq ft apartment is the kitchen, or out on the balcony.  Still, I do think that I can overcome these obstacles.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I need to eat healthier. Less sugar an more fruits an vegetables, lean meats. Less processed carbs.

0 Kudos
Contributor

good luck to all; would enjoy winning the Love your Age spa giveaway.

It gets harder to keep in shape and exercise and eat right as I get older, but I keep doing little things each day even if it is a short walk or dancing to some fun music in the living room

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am just recovering from spinal sugery along with complications.  Would love to heal up quickly and resume my previous lifestyle which included walking, going to the gym and getting massages.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to eat fewer dirty (processed) carbs. I’m making some headway, but struggling to have it show in weight reduction.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

stop picking at my fingers ( dry rough skin).

0 Kudos
Contributor

I need to quit scratching and picking on my arms. They are a mess. I'm not sure how to enter this contest but this is a big thing I could do for me!

Sandra Richard
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @srichard58, to answer your question, by posting how you'd like to change a habit you're now entered in the sweeps. Thank you for participating in our Online Community!

I am taking steps to improve the quality of my sleep, such as exercising 30 minutes each day, refraining from using electronics 2 hours before bedtime, and establishing a calming and relaxing routine immediately before bed.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

get a Swedish massage once a week...

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Would like to start lifting free weights to build muscle

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to take the time to prepare healthy meals instead of eating fast food.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just had knee surgery and need to get back to my daily walking 2.5 miles per day to keep in shape as told by 2 different doctors,

0 Kudos
Contributor

I had both done at the same time and it takes a lot of will powere to get up and get back into a routine!  Good luck and stay with it!

0 Kudos
Contributor

avoiding sugar for 2018!

Periodic Contributor

I would like to start walking more.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png