Community Manager
Community Manager

"Love Your Age" Spa Giveaway

347600-Other-Love-Your-Body-Sweep-728x90-Banner-Ad.png

Change a Habit, Change Your Life! 

What's one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of?

AARP’s new book, Love Your Age, reveals more than 100 easy to adopt healthy habits. Packed with expert tips, myth busters, checklists, real-life anecdotes, and sage wisdom, Love Your Age offers a new approach to life, whether it’s eating better, rebooting your sex life, keeping your brain sharp, or savoring time with friends. As a thank you, AARP and Love Your Age are offering a chance to win one of 3 Spafinder.com gifts cards, valued at $100 each.

Enter the sweepstakes in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign in or register on AARP.org; and

2) Reply to this discussion to tell us one habit you would you like to adopt or get rid of.

Contest ends 2/21/18. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules and Terms of Service.

Periodic Contributor

I just truned 60, big deal right? Well it seems like forever snce I have been apart of the world. I had to leave my job at age 48 because of my Arthritis. Okay, don't roll your eyes and say it's only arthritis, and you would be right if that is all it was. I have RA, OA Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Ankylosing Spondylitis, no Fat on my feet (I litterally walk on my bones) Bone on Bone Knees, 4 buldging disc and 2 factured disc. So when I say arthritis it is the simplist of my conditions without having to into it all.  After leaving my job, that I loved- Restaurant Manager and Chef, I became a little depressed. After a couple of years of that I decied to go back to college, online. I walked away with another degree, this time, in HCA and Management. Unfortunaltey I still could not work, but having more education made me feel good. I then had to help my mother take care of my father while his health declined, I became his full time care giver. Now my mother needs my help and I am her full time care giver. I am not complaining. It is just I Ieft my job, became depresssed, became more educated, have now been a caregiver  for the last 4 years and I get no time off, no time out and have not been in a serious relationship for years. I would love to have a getaway with massages, facials (never had one) and some time alone, or maybe not! To have a conversation with someone other then a parent. A getaway is much needed and would be most graciously appreciated. 

Periodic Contributor

Always good advice . Be positive even when we aren’t feeling well. Keep on pluggin! And simile 🙂

Contributor

I am 71 years young with heart stents, onset of Parkinson's, Spinal Stenosis, Asthma and Type II Diabetes.  I don't  sit around and worry about any of these issues. I would be in a loony bin if I did.   Never sweat the petty stuff and never pet the sweaty stuff.    You'll live a lot longer with a positive attitude.   I have excellent Doctors and trust them explicitly.  God isn't done with me yet and the alternative still has a restraining order against me so a wonderful SPA TREATMENT would help my health and be fabulous.

Periodic Contributor

A hot rock massage would be wonderful.

Contributor

Walk everyday, lift weights and yoga at least 2-3 times a week!

Contributor

I am 60 and have Parkinsons Disease for about 21/2 years.  I attend Rock Steady Boxing 4 times a week to strengthen and help failing body muscles.  It is pretty intense and I feel that this has helped my body and soul at this age to remain happy and healthyier.  I would love a massage!

Periodic Contributor

I love a good massage. Feels so good and rejuvenating. All that stress gets gone.

Contributor

God is good. I feel your pain. For 20yrs now I have had multiple sclerosis I’m in pain daily as well the doctors have tried everything. I just pray and keep pushing on 

Periodic Contributor

I have Chron's and Lupus, I have pain everyday but I am so thankful to be able to go to God in prayer

I would like to accomplish my drinking water goals!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to get well enough to walk more

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get well enough to take long walks. 

0 Kudos

Drinking soda!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Due to surgery and chemotherapy for colon cancer, I have not ued my gym membership in 2 months! Now that it's all behind me, I'm looking forward to returning to classses!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My doctor wants me to lift weights to strengthen my bones, and I also want to build muscle, so I would love to join the Y or a gym or community center to accomplish these goals.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Over the last several months, while undergoing chemotherapy for colon cancer, I've been unable to eat cold foods due to neuropathy. I had to say Goodbye to green smoothies and the giant salads I loved having for lunch. I finished the last treatment one week ago, and look so forward to the side effects dissapating so I can return to my beloved fresh, crunchy, cold veggies!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to stop sleeping so late and get up and go.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get my wife of 49 yrs who has Parkinson’s, diabetes II, hypertension, high cholesterol, very poor vision, and dementia active enough to make it to our fiftieth and maybe sixtieth. I don’t want much.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to work out daily at least 10-15min. Eat better eat healthier. As well I would like to get and be more active 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'd like to eliminate altogether or at the very least lessen contact with TOXIC people to improve my own outlook on life.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want to make sure I get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day.  More is better, but 30 is the minimum!

0 Kudos
Contributor

One habit I need to return to is a monthly massage. A one-hour session is covered by my health insurance for a $25 co-pay(+ a tip, of course. These people work hard!). I just had my last round of chemotherapy for colon cancer 6 days ago, and I'm so eager to recover my health and strenth!

0 Kudos
Contributor

To eat a healthier diet and take more time for myself instead of working 16 hours a day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to get rid of a habit of eating a snack after 7 p.m. altogether and replace it with cold veggie snacking after exercise.

0 Kudos
Contributor

i have lost 70 pounds and would love to know how to lose my pouch. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Learn yoga and start an exercise regiment.... need to get stronger

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Get a good book, and relax! Take time for yourself 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Be kinder to myself for being human: for not exercising everyday, for not avoiding all sugar, for not always being perfect

0 Kudos
Contributor

I will work out three to four times a week, two with my personal trainer!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Juggling Caregiving Amidst Coronavirus this Holiday Season

Join AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert Amy Goyer to uncover the best ways to navigate the holiday season with your loved ones. Ask and Learn Now.

AARP Members Only Games

Was Breakout your favorite Atari game? Ready to knock out some bricks? AARP Members, now's your chance.

Don't let the ball hit the ground!
AARP Members Only Games Atari Breakout
Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits.

Learn more now.
/html/assets/SS-Marketing-Image-300x155.jpg