Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: "I don't need you...until I need you"

Message 1 of 3

Thank you for your concern about our world and people/ prayer. God Bless you and your family.  Dorcas

DORCAS C CHANDLER
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: "I don't need you...until I need you"

Message 2 of 3
Mother Jones, my heart felt sympathy for your loss. May the God of Peace & Love fill your heart with a peace that surpasses all understanding. You remain in my prayers as I agree with you in prayer.

Blessings,
Sheona
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

"I don't need you...until I need you"

Message 3 of 3

Written by: Dorcas C. Chandler

Can the church stand with me this morning?  I am perplexed of all of the shooting that is going on in our community.  As you may know, Mother Jones lost her only grandson who was only 14 years old.  He was out playing with his friends on last week and a drive by shooter took his life. This has devastated our whole community.

We as a church must get before God and asked Him what it is that we can do as a community and church to stop some of these senseless violent crimes. You know pain doesn’t hurt us as much when we are not the ones who have to deal with it directly.  How soon do we forget another person’s pain; we will stand and pray this morning and then in a few days later, we won’t even remember what has happened.  But Mother Jones, the young lad’s grandmother who raised him all by herself, will look out the window and asked the question why for many days.

Just like many of you are already tired of standing and waiting on me to pray, that is the same way we are when it comes to the things of God.  We don’t need God until we need Him and we certainly don’t want to wait on Him.  How many know we need Him every hour. I don’t want you just to stand this morning and pray by yourself, but I want you to get someone’s hand and hold it.  The hands you hold on this morning could be the very hands that God shields and protects because of your prayers. 

Church we must stop standing alone.  We need each other now as never before.  Times are as difficult as never before, because people are as never before troubled in their minds.  The church is as never before also.  We don’t have time for our sisters and brothers any more. Our schedules are so busy and we are overwhelmed in almost every area of our lives.  Can the church tell me what is going to happen to Mother Jones now?  Will any of you be able to go by and see her, take her to the store or just spend some time listing to her groans?  Church I need someone to stand with me.

Let us not just turn on the news and pick up the newspaper and then shack our heads and move on and wait until the next tragic event hits us.  One thing is for sure, if we pray and call out to Jesus; He will grace us to stand every test—no matter what it is or how trouble comes against our soul.

We are almost ready to prayer, but we must continue to lean and depend on the word of God for in Matthew 18:18-20 you will find these words:

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Pray for world PEACE!

Let us look to the Lord:
Father now as we stand praying for our community and our neighborhoods throughout the land, we ask first of all, that You forgive us for not being concerned as we should about the welfare of our  Nation, streets and the people in our communities as a whole. 

Lord please look down from heaven and give us the strength to unit in prayer as never before for each other.  Rise up prayer warriors who understand the power of agreement and the power of two in prayer.  We bind our forces together to do your will and your work, in our homes, churches, schools, communities and all over this Nation. 

We stand united in this prayer this morning and ask that You bless the hands that we hold.  Cover them with the blood of Jesus and give us the strength not to stand alone in prayer, but to unite as one voice. Give us knowhow of how to come together in this day and time in which we live, with concern, care and compassion for Your people, Nation and our families we asked this in Jesus Name we Pray Amen.

“Never give up—Never! Because God is on our side!”

DORCAS C CHANDLER
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season