Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP Job Board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: "For My Grandchild" Book Give Away Sweepstakes

Message 11 of 98

Do what YOU LOVE to Do!

A Glamour Job or Activity is NOT WORTH IT !

(for any income or wager) WHEN:

•        You do not enjoy doing it;
  •        Not Safe for yourself and others;
  •        It is not Legal or Morale;
  •        Not able to spent Quality Time with Family and Friends!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 98

Our family history includes maternal ancestors that came into the US from Canada and paternal ancestors that lived in the south and demonstrated inclusion of the American Indians and in other generations the Aftican Americans that were segregated at the time.  I want to be able to pass on our family history as told through letters and stories that have been saved over many generations and that tell of the risks taken to come to the US as well as the risks taken to stand up for what you (or they) believed in.  I am newly retired and have been gathering things up in preparation to do a project such as this one!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 98

I am blessed with two wonderful grandchildren, a girl 7 and her big brother 15 (how did that happen!) My grandson loves family stories especialy about the 'old' days. 

I hope they learn from these stories. One, that you don't need so many things! I know life is totally different, but some things don't change. To be kind and compassionate to everyone they come in contact with. To share what they have with love. To learn how to handle their feelings, anger, hurt, dissappointment and happiness and joy! Life is hard, there is no getting around that. I hope they are prepared for whatever life has in store for them.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 98

As a "P.S." - the education/knowledge gained can (and need be) updated throughout one's life anyway, in any field.  Am currently interested in a totally different "career" from the one I have had, and although the obstacles are many, my determination is stronger still!  Feel that I can be an influence in my own grandchildren's lives, but even more, love the fact that there is more freedom to pursue interests now.  Same for you, would guess?!?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 98

I did not know that! You do learn something new every day!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 98

You have the right idea-best to get one's education young IF possible - but if not, later in life.  You can retain knowledge (if you work at it) at any phase of life!  You are a wonderful example for your family-KUDOS!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 98

I have 4 wonderful granddaughters (so far!), ages 10, 7, 5 and 3. I want to tell them about what life was like when I was their ages, about my parents and grandparents and all our traditions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 98

COMMUNICATION:  Treat every day as a gift from a higher being.  Everything you receive is temparary for you to enjoy and share,  Listen and learn (do's and don't)  from everyone you meet..  Remember, SENIORS and YOUTHS are your life line.  Listen and learn from them because you will need them douring your life line.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 98

Travel as much as possible...each country and regions in that country are wonderful and exciting educational  opportunities 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 98

we have a tradition of baking sugar cookies at Christmas, I did this with both my children and my oldest grandchild, I hope to carry it on with my youngest grandchild. I would like them to know what things were like when I was growing up and to share the memories we made that they may have been to young to remember

Kudos
Views