Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: "For My Grandchild" Book Give Away Sweepstakes

Message 21 of 101

COMMUNICATION:  Treat every day as a gift from a higher being.  Everything you receive is temparary for you to enjoy and share,  Listen and learn (do's and don't)  from everyone you meet..  Remember, SENIORS and YOUTHS are your life line.  Listen and learn from them because you will need them douring your life line.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 101

Travel as much as possible...each country and regions in that country are wonderful and exciting educational  opportunities 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 101

we have a tradition of baking sugar cookies at Christmas, I did this with both my children and my oldest grandchild, I hope to carry it on with my youngest grandchild. I would like them to know what things were like when I was growing up and to share the memories we made that they may have been to young to remember

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 101

Is this where I'm to place my memory for my grandchild's book?  I can't figure out where I'm supposed to write it!

Thanks, Judy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 101

Certainly, the tradition of family gatherings has been and always will be a big part of our history and tradition! Big tables pushed together, many chairs around those tables, and the smell of so much food prepared for a family meal. Laughter and tears throughout the day, with memories being shared. Old family members, new family members - so much to take in and savor! This is family!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 101

Kindness is so important in everyday life. Pay it forward, donate, volunteer or pick another favorite way to show goodwill towards others. The satisfaction of showing foodwill towards others is rich in itself.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 101

I want to instill the importance of serving God to my granddaughters.  When they understand and embrace this, all else will fall into place. I pray that they will have morales and values above their peers and will be Godly examples to other young women. I want them to be compassionate, kind and tender hearted to those that are less fortunate.  I want them to have confidence and high self esteem so they won’t have to depend on anyone or anything other than God Almighty to direct their paths. I love them with ALL of my being and I want only the best for them!

#madisonelaine and khloe’michelle

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 101

My 1st grandchild, a girl is due on November 25, 2018.  There are so many stories to share with her.

I will want her to know about her great-grandparents, therefore I will share this story with her about my Daddy, her great-grandfather.

When I was a little girl about 8 years old it was very popular for people to have artifical Christmas trees.  Now these trees were silver in nature and we had a rotating light that shown on the tree in red, blue and green.  Oh but I so wanted a "real" Christmas tree.  My Daddy referread high school basketball games to make extra money for our family.  On a cold December night on the way to one of these games he spotted the perfect tree and told the two college students with him that they were going to stop and get that tree on the way home.  And that is exactly what he did, with just a pocket knife in the pitch dark on the side of a highway, they cut that tree down.  I can still remember waking up for school in the morning and there was "my real"  Christmas tree!  That was one of my best Christmases ever!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 101

I want to tell you something amazing that your great grandmother loved children plus she loved to teach little children at a good age like 9 how to cook and make her famous spaghetti sauce or gravie is what she called it she was a wonderful person just like your mom she loved life ,you know she had 6 children 3 boys and 3 girls and we loved her dearly , she was always in the kitchen, cooking, doing dishes, sitting some times having a cup of coffee, but like she she always wanted a sweet treat with her coffee, like a small piece of pastry and before i forget she was a dunker , and you are going to ask was is a dunker its a person who likes to dunk their pastry in the coffee her favorite was biscotti and most of the time they were hard or crisp but not stale it was the way they were made , she was a beauitful woman and i miss her dearly.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 101

My husband and I are raising our grandchildren. Their mother, who we adopted out of foster care

, is unable to provide for their needs. Although our nuclear family is not uncommon these days, I want our grandchildren to grow up with memories of love and special family travel and activities. The ultimate goal is to provide guidance and incentive in becoming responsible citizens and life long learners.

I believe that knowing our ancestry promotes pride in ourselves. We just sent DNA samples to be analyzed. We will develop many memories as we discover more about our grandchilden's ancestry. I am hoping that these memories will  encourage our grandkids to share their own special family history as well as my husband's and my ancestry with their children and grandchildren one day.

Kudos
Views