Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: "For My Grandchild" Book Give Away Sweepstakes

Message 41 of 101

For my grandchildren and great grandchildren. I would like for them to know that our family were Christian and hope that they follow in our footsteps.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 101

I want to be able to share the memories of my identical twin sister who died 10 years ago, of the grandfather (my husband) who died 23 years ago, and of me and my love of Christmas - the traditions of it; and of course - Winnie the Pooh.  I have none of these memories from my own history and do not want my grandchildren to miss out.  Learn from the past - hold what is wonderful and do not repeat my mistakes Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 101

I want both my granddaughters to know how i cherished my grandparents(maternal). My fondest memories were baking apple pies with my mother's mother and being so excited to see the finished product(and taste it!) She was a strong, independent lady who could entertain anyone, and make them feel special.  My grandpa was also wonderful and I loved to watch old movies with him. I will never forget my early childhood spent with them as my parents worked long hours. I was so lucky to have that time with them. I wish to share great activities with my grandkids and to pass on  the special bond i shared with my own grandparents.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 101
A beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing. My son is also adopted I'm going to show him this. Absolutely love this story. Congratulations to you and finishing school. I hope your granddaughter follows your beautiful example.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 101

Never give up your dreams, my dearest grandchildren!!!  When I was a child I always intended to become a physician.  I married young and due to circumstances was unable to contimue on to medical school after my BA.  Through the years I worked in related fields and helped support our family during the years of my husband's medical training and beyond.  Someday ask your mother about the afternoons and evenings when we returned to my lab and she and her brother would  practice using lab  glassware and water while i worked with my tissue cultures.  Finally, my chance came to again be accepted to med school when my kids were in Junior High.  Your mother used to come to lectures with me when she had a school holiday; ask her sometime how she would take notes and ask questions on the ride home.  The kids took up a lot of extra responsibilities during the years of my training, especially when I had to be away over night.  They often stepped up and cooked dinnner and did other chores.  I managed  to attend their various functions.  

My years as a physician were the most rewarding years of my life and you were even there on multiple occasions.  Everyone remembers when you came to my office in Florida with your mom, from your home in Italy, and laid on a blanket in my office while I saw patients in the exam rooms  I remember being an inspiration to several nurses to resume their training in their later years.  I hope I can Inspire you to follow your dreams as far as they will take you..  Never give up!!!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 101

Until I was nine years old, I lived on a farm with my parents and three sisters. We lived off the grid with kerosene lamps, a kerosene then propane stove, a water catchment system, a gasoline washing machine, and an ice box (not refrigerator!).  Fortunately, we had a flushing toilet indoors.  A volcanic eruption caused us to move to the city where we had the usual conveniences.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 101

I believe, because of my health, I'll be on my way out sooner than I hoped and want my grandchildren, of my only child, to know how much I wanted their mother as well as how much I really wanted a grandchild! I want them to know about all the things I experenced in my life as well as some of their mother's experiences that may not be shared with them. I want them to know about the chest I have been packing with pictures and things I've accumulated just for them. And why I chose those THINGS.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 101

We have 4 grandchildren all in public elementary schools in Texas and New Hampshire.  My wife is my high school sweetheart and now happily married for 41 years.   We want out babies to each realize how special they all are, having unique talents built in by their designer.  What we most want for each one to know about their grandparents is that we have always lived within our means and have been blessed beyond what we deserve.  We have been fortunate to have had a successful restaurant business that has provided a good living for dozens of our team members.  We know that success has come by sharing in the blessings not by greed.  We hope our grandchildren clearly see the importance in helping others get “what they want and need” and by doing so they will live a life with true value and meaning.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 101

The love I have for each one of them. I wanted to share it with them

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 101

I have been blessed with 8 beautiful grandchildren.

My son has 5, *Damien, Kiarra, Lewis, Mason, and Olivia. My daughter has 3 sons, Darius, Will and Julian. I want them to know they are from a blood line of people who honor, value and expect to be a part of their lives.  I want them to know their grandmother loves music, art, a funny story that makes you laugh loud  and being actively involved with empowering young people to make choices for productive lifestyles. I want them push past the negative traps in life and find their purpose.  I want them to know their grandmother LIVED her dreams. .. ( I sang in a girl group, performed with a Jazz band,traveled to the Caribbean ocean, published a children's book, was the first in her family to go to college, and inspired many more family members to do likewise...I encouraged my own Mother to go back to school at 67 to obtain her high school diploma. I want my grandchildren to know that "Love is thicker than drama"...That family IS life.

Kudos
Views